Menu
usmanpatel
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mysterious calls from Virgin

Hi,

This week I've been getting some mysterious calls from someone claiming to be Virgin.

I've missed the calls but on calling back I get a message saying it's Virgin Media, there's no need for you to call us, we will call you?

I've been getting really poor service lately and been checking my service on the website - maybe this is why or is it not even Virgin?

The calls are from 2 different numbers: 0800 052 2160 and 0800 408 9340. 

Can anyone confirm please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mysterious calls from Virgin

Hi usmanpatel, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been receiving calls lately. These will be Sales Calls to see how your services are and to see if there are any offers on that may bring your price down, or an extra service you may benefit from. 

If you don't want these, post back here to let us know so we can change your preferences Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
usmanpatel
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath!

Thanks for the reply. 

I have actually recently given in my notice as my 12 month contract expires this week and the prices was due to more than double. I suspect maybe it was to offer me something to stay?

I've not heard back from them since and cannot seem to contact them so not sure what to do here.

Kind regards,

Usman

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Usman

If you are looking to change your mind just pop back to the teams on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and they'll be happy to chat about this with you Smiley Happy

Let us know how this goes if you do.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos