cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyVirginMedia Account

ryxnbrxwn
Joining in

Hello I have recently moved house and had VM all set up. The old account has been closed and a new one set up with a different account number. When I trying access my virgin media account online it is showing my old account and telling me it is no longer active. Can I link my new account number to my virgin media page? I am unable to set up the new account number as it knows my email is already being used on the old account?

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi rxnbrxwn,

As part of the home move process VM can/should perform a shift and move to transfer your details across from the old account to the new one.

Forum Staff may be able to do this for you, however it may take from a couple of days before they pick this up and invite you into a PM to validate you as the account holder and process the change.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @ryxnbrxwn, and a very warm welcome to you!

You will need to set up a new self-care account with the new account number and area reference number attached to these.

You cannot use the same Virgin Media E-Mail address to work as the primary account on two different self-care accounts - so you may need to set up a new self-care account, with a new Virgin Media E-Mail address, or even an E-Mail account from a third party domain

Once this has been done, we can perform a move and transfer of the E-Mail accounts to the new self-care account, this will however mean that these E-Mail accounts are now secondary accounts.

The newly set up primary E-Mail account, used to register for self-care, will remain as the primary E-Mail account, but will not allow you to use it as an E-Mail and will be used for the username log in only.

Feel free to come back to us if you want us to perform the Move and Transfer, and if you have any issues setting up a self-care account

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David thanks for your message. I have tried setting up a new myvm account with a different email address and it keeps crashing and saying that 'oops something went wrong, try again later' etc. Been having the same error message pop up for the last 4 weeks. Phoned customer service numerous times to be told that it's down but will be up and running in the next few days 

From checking it appears this is a back end issue from changing accounts/moving that our IT team will need to look into. To get some more information from you I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some details from you.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Rob