cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyVirgin account "stuck" at email verification

D789
Joining in

So I've navigated the error concerning returning customers and ignored the bad advice from the site to sign up with the same email account as the contract (as per some of the support messages I've seen here).

However, my account is now stuck at the verification stage under the new email. The verification email does one of two things: direct me to a completely blank Complete Your Profile page, or redirect me to a message saying the email expired (despite being used immediately). I can confirm I'm using the correct email address for verification.

Can someone support with this please? I wish I could say it's the first problem I've experienced in the short time since I signed up for your services.

EDIT TO ADD: I've also tried requesting a new verification email, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

7 REPLIES 7

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @D789

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message now to collect some more details, please keep an eye on your inbox for me 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I was told this was referred to IT about a week ago and I've not heard anything since. Could I get an update, please?

Hi @D789,

I do apologise for the ongoing issues you're facing. Unfortunately we don't have an update to offer to you just yet, but once we do we'll let you know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I'm still waiting for this, so in the meantime could I get some support to at least disable the unasked-for "Child Safety" filter on my service? I'm currently stuck using a hobbled version of what I'm paying for, given that I can't disable this filter via my account as intended.

Hi D789,

We can certainly help you with this and remove web safe from our end until your email verification issue is resolved. 

Ss its been a while we will have to go through security again. 

I will pop you over a private message to take slime details from you, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.

So I'm now unable to view the bill I've (presumably?) received, as my first billing date has passed but I haven't had any comms. I also haven't received any update on the above – it's been over a month. I received an initial confirmation email about the direct debit, but it doesn't seem to be active on my bank, and I haven't received an email to let me know my bill is ready to view, either (though I wouldn't be able to log in and see it anyway).

Could I please get this resolved? This is beginning to cause me quite a lot of stress, as managing my Virgin bill is impossible as things stand. I have no idea when payments will go out, and for what amount. It's not even clear to me whether I've been billed at all and whether I'm going to end up missing payments through no fault of my own.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @D789,

Welcome back to the Forums. I'm sorry you've still not had this issue resolved. I've taken a look on our end and it looks like the issue has been worked on, and should now be working as normal. Can you please try signing in using the details provided to you by Travis? 

Once you're signed in, you may see an "Oops. Something went wrong on our end" error. Please try clicking the "Try Again" button and you should be able to set your Security Questions.

Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ