Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My package

antonio1960
Just joined

Hello all

price rise letter came today so that £7 increase

my package is up for renewal in July (my loyalty discount of £5.75 ends ..... yes i know VM might give me another discount

but if not ........ that could be a £12.75 increase (or a 24% icrease in total!!!)

so i rang today to find out a price breakdown for my landline and my broadband because we may scrap the landline

but before i rang i went on on chat Raybot said he would put me through to a human being the chat said i had to sign in ???? i was already signed in i clicked signed in and it just refreshed the page saying same again and again i tried it on firefox and edge still the same ..........`stalling tatics number 1`

ok i was talking to someone i asked to to speak slowly and clearly cos i wear hearing aids he did

and when i asked him for a price breakdown etc `stalling tatics 2 started

he aksked me my package details

he asked me about any other disabilities ???? answer no

i asked again for a breakdown

he asked me then what tv channels me and my family watch

and when i said please stop stalling me and answer the question re the price breakdown he hung up

so what shall i do next i`ve got 4 months to decide

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In common with most suppliers, you can’t get a breakdown.

You bought a bundle of services at a bundle price.

In fact, scrapping the landline may increase the price.

All you can do is re-negotiate your required services and see if you can get an acceptable price in return for a new minimum contract period.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In common with most suppliers, you can’t get a breakdown.

You bought a bundle of services at a bundle price.

In fact, scrapping the landline may increase the price.

All you can do is re-negotiate your required services and see if you can get an acceptable price in return for a new minimum contract period.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Think yourself lucky my price rise came in at £15. Wish my pension went up that much🤬

Keenzo
Up to speed

Dial 150 from your home phone line, options 1,1,1,4,4 for thinking of leaving.

call between 8-9 am and you should get straight through to the uk call center and they should help

Good Luck

Hi ... this information is spot on , I suffered the VM letter of woefull price increases 2/3 days ago ... can we have another 21 pounds please..

No way .. rung 150 this morning .. rigmaroll of press nos .. thinking of leaving ... discounts being offered ... held on for an operative ..

10 pounds knocked of monthly billl ... new contract ... 18 months .... woo hoo ayup .. thx so much .

VM got a very stiff appraisal on the 1 show last night I thought and maybe someone has authorised the discounting .. just a thought

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey antonio1960, thanks for joining the forum and for reaching out to our community.

We're sorry to hear of this experience, we'd love to best assist however we don't process package changes from this end.

We'll do our best to advise on this, in regard to your services and their monthly price you may find this info on your bills as well as contract copy.

We would not be able to offer a further breakdown on this as it's bundled up, as very well explained by Ernie_C above.

Has the advice from our insightful members above helped and have you reached our Care team over a call at 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a VM landline) or chat after your post to be able to discuss your options further?

Let us know how you get on, we'll be here to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

My package was 18mths but the £15 rise is after only 12 mths

Hi G6hbq2, 

Thanks for posting about your recent price rise in the Community. 

We always balance our prices with the need to continue investing in our network, products and services. 

1. Like many businesses, we’re experiencing rising costs due to inflation. We are not immune to rising costs, primarily due to wider economic changes from rising inflation. 
  2. We’re seeing growing demand for data – with usage growing by more than 10% each year. Last year, we invested more than £2bn in our networks, which contributed to average broadband speeds increasing more than 40%, while helping to make sure our customers stayed connected and were able to keep using our services more and more.

We're always try to see if there are any new discounts or promotional offers you can benefit from including doing a package review to ensure you're on the one that best suits your needs. If you would like to check then give the team a call on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4 then 4 again or just send us a text message to 07533051809 and the team will reply there. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Spoke to non U.K. call centre remaining 6 mth contract next mth £23 off second mth £15 off and remaining 4mths at current price until my existing contract end in august.
Then we start again 🙄