cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My complaint is not being dealt properly by the Resolutions Team

NeFer
Tuning in

I have raised a complaint regarding to the poor costumer service and my first bill - credit not applied in full (due to delayed installation) and setup/installation fees being charged when they were free (part of the offer when I placed my order)! On my contract states £0.00 under 'Other items and charges'. There was a delay of 26 days so I should have received £130 credit but only received £75.60. I initially contacted Virgin Media though the live chat to get a clarification but they were very unhelpful, so I raised a complaint. 

The Resolution Teams first reply was: 'A credit of £75.60 was already applied and we have already waived off the installation(£30) and activation fee(£35) For everything you need to know about Virgin Media’s automatic compensation scheme, head over to our handy pages at virginmedia.com/ofcom. Also, you can manage your bills and view any adjustments online by registering or signing in to your account at virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia. You can even download the My Virgin Media app onto any compatible iOS or Android device. Here’s what we offer as resolution: Billing > Billing guidance provided We hope this works for you...'

After all the emails I sent to the Resolutions Team regarding to my complaint they are still keeping their responses vague and evasive. I want to resolve the issue but they keep ignoring my points and not answering my questions! I feel my complaint isn't been dealt with properly so I told them that I wanted to escalate my complaint to a manager. They again ignored my email and sent me almost the same response as before! - '...we checked and informed you that we do see that the credit for delayed installation has been added on the account. There is a credit of GBP 75.60 added on 16/06/21. You can check with the bills for clarification. Hope this answers your complaint...

Their responses don't clarify or resolve my issue! What steps can I take now?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can read Virgin Media's complaints policy, amongst other places, in this PDF 

If your complaint is either unresolved after 8 weeks, or deadlocked before then, you can escalate to industry arbitration CISAS.

Further details are at https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/ 

Alternatively, and in both your & VM's interests to resolve this quicker & easier, if you wait around here a forum-team staffer should pick this post up and try to resolve things for you. That may take a couple of days, but ultimately save a lot of hassle.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello NeFer

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi there. I'm still waiting for the private massage. Thanks

NeFer
Tuning in

Hi Gareth,

My Virgin Media contract states £0.00 under 'Other items and charges' - please refer to contract numbers 20/050738159/01, 20/050738159/02 and 20/050738159/03! With delay or NO delay I wasn't going to be charged for installation and activation! The setup/installation fees were free, part of the package deal offered by Virgin Media when I placed my order! 
Why am I being charged now if when I placed my order it  stated No Set up/Installation Fees?
Why does my Virgin Media contract states £0.00 under 'Other items and charges' and those 'standard charges' haven't been added to my contract?
All throughout my dealings with the costumer support team, no one at any time has mentioned the waiver of the setup or installation costs as a form of compensation. There was a  delay of 26 days so the credit should be £130.

Could you please clarify and explain me better because so far the Resolutions Team have been vague and did not reply to my questions?

Thank you,

Nelia

Hello NeFer

There are no charges for the installation and activation fees 

I will take a look at the account again for you 

Gareth_L