cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin Media issues

dayjonathanc
Joining in

Two issues here.

First up, an account I created on the site is no longer accessible and asking for a password reset results in no such account being found.

Second, I am unable to get past the "You can't use that password" ERROR.

It could be that the underlying problem to both of these is an error on the user database, or severe overloading of it. You've my sympathies, I've fixed enough such db issues to know they're common. However, it would be great if you could let your users know, and even better if you could get it fixed. I'd be happy to use my experience to help, if that would be of any use.

3 REPLIES 3

Tractorboy
Rising star

They could do with some help from somewhere..

Your problem and the Netflix problem have both been ongoing for a very long time , and I wonder if the two are connected. As you say very likely a database error. Seems incredible after this length of time they cannot resolve either.

To me, this sort of troubleshooting is fun. I enjoy it. I have no idea who Virgin Media have working for them, but performance issues are things that most geeks could fix in a day or two if they thought about it. There'll be one or two bottlenecks that performance tools could identify and I'd not expect it to take more than a couple of days, even if it meant some database alterations.

The fault would have to be particularly deep and entrenched to take this long under normal circumstances, so my next guess is that they've currently got a staffing issue when it comes to what they might consider peripheral IT services. I've worked for various places over time and in one of them, you'd see weeks - sometimes months - of engineers being fully booked up, with difficulties in bridging that gap.

This is one reason I'm serious with my offer to help. If the situation is currently so bad that they can't fix a 1-2 day issue over a very long time, then helping them get out of that mess is in the interests of everyone, so as you say, somebody should. The worst that can happen is that someone looks a little embarrassed at the idea of a customer (even one with a lot of experience in IT) helping out and finds ways to get things done.

Hi dayjonathanc

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the online account creation issue. This is a known issue, whereby some are working when we help, however some require an IT ticket raising. 

I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill