cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin Media authentication issues

ModTeam

Hello, 

We're aware of some customers being unable to sign into their online account and access features such as email. 

We have raised this fault under reference F008774076.

We will keep this thread updated. 

Many thanks, 

Your Community Moderators

49 REPLIES 49

Martin101
Tuning in

Dear Moderator
I am unable to sign into my email account for the past few hours
You have the fault reference below F008774076.

Can you please update me as to me as to when it will be fixed.?
This is very fustrating.
I calling 150 and have been on the phone for over an hour- !!!
Very fustrating.  

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Martin101 No, I am not a VM employee as explained in my post signature.

The status page is currently showing a review date for this fault of 1 Feb 2021, 1am

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, if you read all of this thread, you will see that VM are aware  of this problem, and have issued a fault number for it, though there is unfortunately no timescale for its repair, so might be hours, days or even weeks (knowing VM's attitude to 'working hard on it') 

Mods, is it worth making a sticky for this, along with the fault number to save posters repeating the problem in new posts??

'the issue seems to be with the single sign on system that VM use (oauth etc)'

Graham_A,

Strangely, son uses 'talk-talk' and their e-mail also uses 'oauth' sign in system (io.oxap) and their mail and front end appears to be working OK, so assume that it's a bit deeper in the VM system, rather than 'oauth's' ??

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HughJarsse wrote:

Hi, if you read all of this thread, you will see that VM are aware  of this problem, and have issued a fault number for it, though there is unfortunately no timescale for its repair, so might be hours, days or even weeks (knowing VM's attitude to 'working hard on it') 

Mods, is it worth making a sticky for this, along with the fault number to save posters repeating the problem in new posts??

The sticky post is here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/My-Virgin-Media-authentication-issu...

It would be better if it was also posted in this email forum as well, however as we are into Sunday evening there won't be any VM forum staff on shift until the morning.

By the way, it is still possible to access VM email accounts via a third party email client, only webmail access is affected by this issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Hi

When I try to log in to my online broadband account it says page expired? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/My-Virgin-Media-authentication-issu...

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'The status page is currently showing a review date for this fault of 1 Feb 2021, 1am'

So, it's now 9:50 am 1st Feb, and STILL no access to mail, or to accounts........

Can't access the accounts page, so unable to even see the status of this 'fault' 

Any updates from VM themselves, or are they again leaving it to the actual 'paying customers' to hazard a guess??

(and yes, I have cleared cache, cookies, etc, and tried on 2 other devices!!)

mamachill
Dialled in

Hi Can you update us as to what the problem is please?  Email eventually came back yesterday but has just gone again now, with the same Url coming up in the address bar,

!https://oauth.virginmedia.com/as/authorization.oauth2?response_type=code&client_id=WEB-ZIGGO-WEBMAIL..."

which  means there's works being carried out, in which case why aren't customers warned, it's awful when  it just goes and we have no access and are at the mercy of Virgin, at least an update/explanation would be something ? Thanks 

Would seem to be a glitch with google chrome, I used edge and it let me log in to my account, no thanks to VM all the same.