cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Account

GarryL
On our wavelength

I have been a Virgin customer for nearly 10 years, in the last year I have been struggling a bit in the last year and often have my services suspended for few hours until I pay. I accept this and when I make the payment its always asks for double my subscription then says I only need to pay 50% of that to regain my services? On my last bill I paid in advance of being suspended and only paid the monthly subscription, but now they keep chasing me for  the balance of what is double my monthly  subscription? Now I am having trouble with emails arriving from the Virgin in box to my outlook in box on my home computer? A coincidence or some kind of service restriction?

Anyone got any ideas?

Garry

6 REPLIES 6

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @GarryL,

Many thanks for your post - I am sorry about any bill confusion and also email issues. Email is a free of charge service and isn't impacted by any non-payment service restriction. 

In relation to the billing, it sounds like you're paying your bill late, and as such have 2 bills in one - for example, making a payment for your June bill when the July bill has already been produced. Thus you're seeing two amounts in the 1 bill. 

We would only therefore request the amount needed to avoid any non-pay restriction, however, it is advisable to clear the full balance before the new bill is created, thus to avoid any £7.50 late payment fees. 

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

GarryL
On our wavelength

Molly

Thanks so much for your reply, I take your point and understand the late payment penalties, I also can understand that they would require 2 months subscription. However, when the service is suspended  which has happened, I have only been asked to pay one months payment to regain my services?

I will give you the figures.

The statement says I owe £232.72 which is clearly 2 months payments. I paid £118.00  when the monthly payment was £116.36. Yet they still claim I owe them £114.72 to bring the account up to date? That would mean I am giving Virgin and extra  months payment? Yet when my services are suspended and I use the telephone payment system to pay, it states I owe £232.72, but then says all I need to pay is £116.36 to get my services back? So it seems to me its better to let the services become suspended than to pay the bill when its due, after its suspended its cheaper? The full balance when paying late is £232.72, the balance to get my services back is £116.36.

Regards

Garry

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GarryL

The full amount owed is £232.72 - to have your services turned back on we'd ask you pay £116.36 as a minimum payment, the other £116.36 after paying this would still be owed even though we'd turned your services back on due to making a minimum payment. The full amount of £232.72 is owed regardless.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

GarryL
On our wavelength

Hi Travis

Yes I totally agree with you.

However, when I pay on the automated payment line she tells me its £232.00, but I can pay 50% now to regain my services. Which I do and thats the end of it? This month I paid before the service was suspended and .now my statement indicates that I still owe £114.72 which needs to be paid. The point I am making is that when I pay over the phone I just pay £118.00 and thats the end of it. But now my statement shows I am expected to pay more? So when am I expected to pay this £114.72 by?

Regards

Garry 

Hi GarryL

Let me resolve this via PM for you.

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GarryL

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to give you the full explanation of the account 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill