Menu
i_saw_drones
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Moving to a new build, CableMyStreet says not connected...

Hi,

We are due to move into a new build that was completed last month, and I'd like to take our VM with us without having to cease and reprovide at our new house.

However, when I checked on CableMyStreet using the new address, it just says "check back later". I've already inspected the property and I believe it's already pre-wired as there are VM faceplates already in the property, but I guess that it's not been connected up to the cabinet in the development.

We are due to move soon, so please could you let me know what I can do to release this property so that it is connected up, or shows up on VM's systems as being connected?

Thank you for any assistance!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving to a new build, CableMyStreet says not connected...

Hi i_saw_drones

Thanks for getting in touch about the Cable My Street query!

If you are unable to register on the address system on this site can you please pop back to me in a PM with:

• Your name
  • Your full address
  • The developers name
  • The development name
  • Your contact number

I can email our teams for an update  for you.

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi i_saw_drones,

Thanks for coming back to Karen with your information via Private Message Smiley Happy

I have now passed this over to the Homebuilders Team. They will pick this up in due course and either contact you directly or let me know what's going on. 

If they come back to me, I'll be in touch to keep you posted. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
i_saw_drones
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi both,

Please could you let me know if anyone came back to you with a projected timeline for release?

I've not received any communications from anyone since I sent my PM, I am unsure if I need to do anything else.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi i_saw_drones

Kath did email the when she last spoke so my apologies you've not heard back.

As she's no in today I have emailed the NHB for you,

I hope to hear back form them within the next 3 working days.

Many thanks

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
i_saw_drones
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

I didn't hear anything so far, but have been checking the VM postcode checker every day to see if this was progressing.

However, on Tuesday (12th) I was happy to find out that my address is now recognised by VM(!) and I have entered my details for a call-back regarding getting connected.

Please can I ask how long it normally takes for someone to contact me about getting connected, or should I call someone to progress this further?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi i_saw_drones, 

Thanks for updating us with this Smiley Happy 

We don't have any timescales I'm afraid. It is just a case of being patient and waiting. 

Let us know if you have any further questions Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
i_saw_drones
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath, All,

Just as a final update on this, I never did receive any contact from anyone, so I took the initiative and called Sales.

The person I spoke to in the Sales team was very helpful and escalated the release of the property to the relevant team, and then called me back the following day after the property had been released, and we then set up my account - my installation date is now only three days away!

So, fantastic service from the Sales team to have my property released (and for calling me back)! As a result, I believe that I'm the first person in my road to have VM woo! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
i_saw_drones
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just as a side note to this for reference in case there is anyone thinking of doing the same: I wasn't offered any kind of three month "free trial" that I've seen others mention, and I only received the standard "new customer" broadband package (£5 discount p/m for 12 months, then normal price after). I guess that this is because this was done through Sales and not through NHB team(s). Probably worth doing it this way for me, as I couldn't wait any longer as I needed an Internet connection for work.

0 Kudos