cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house and changed contract

B3any00
Tuning in

I moved house on the 8th same contract no changes I only have broadband and Im a student. My original package was foe 12 months which was due to expire in September. they have issued a new contract although I was under the impression that I would stay on the same then go to a rolling contract (Im on my last year and will only need broadband until Jun2022. When I questioned this they told me I had to have a new contract, which I wasn't happy so I tried to speak with many people and have ended up doing a complaint last Monday for the complaint to come back saying the same but that it would be put on a 12 month contract. However when I log into my account they have still not changed it. I have ADHD and really struggle over the phone and I just don't know what to do. Can you shed and light for me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@B3any00 wrote:

No there nothing new. I only have broadband. The stupid thing is that when I complained I go am email that said it was a 12 month contract but on my account it says 18 months. 

Well for starters then - the two can't both be right. I'm not sure of VM policy on this so can't comment - but if you have contradictory info from 2 VM-sources, that needs clarifying if nothing else.

I'd recommend you give the forum team the opportunity to at least look at your account, and get that discrepancy corrected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you make any changes to your package as part of the housemove? Or take the exact same bundle deal copy & paste to your new property?

As far as I understand - any change to your bundle will invoke a new minimum term (normally 18months), but if the package was the exact same one - then this error can sometimes happen and can be corrected.

Stick around here and forum staff should pick this post up most likely tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @B3any00,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you have been put on another 12 month contract after your move.

Unfortunately, any house move will mean that your account will change depending on your address, therefore with your move, you will receive a new account details. 

Depending on how this move was agreed to with the call agent, your contract should have carried over, unless you made any changes to your package, as @japitts suggested. This includes any changes in your TV package or any changes to the Broadband speeds.

In order to look into this further, I will send you a Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page.

I will be in touch soon.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No there nothing new. I only have broadband. The stupid thing is that when I complained I go am email that said it was a 12 month contract but on my account it says 18 months. 

I would never recommend Virgin to anyone now every time I have spoken with customer services I get a different answer I wouldn't mind but the house move didn't go smoothly they didn't switch me over when they should.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@B3any00 wrote:

Well for starters then - the two can't both be right. I'm not sure of VM policy on this so can't comment - but if you have contradictory info from 2 VM-sources, that needs clarifying if nothing else.

I'd recommend you give the forum team the opportunity to at least look at your account, and get that discrepancy corrected.

Thanks for the reply. Yes the team have been very helpful and looked into it for me.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @B3any00,

Thank you for confirming your details and for speaking to me over Private Messages.

I'm glad that we were able to come to a resolution that you're happy with. I confirmed the details with you over PM.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs