cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home soon and still not contacted back by Virgin Media

badrogh
On our wavelength

Hello,

I have been using the horrible Live Chat feature to move address on my account, as forced by the website since it's impossible to contact any one anymore at Virgin Media for anything. Had to install a browser to be able to use Live Chat since this tool refuses to work with Chrome. Managed the conversation with a Bot to be told after giving all required details that I would be contacted back by an engineer for the setup at my new address. Nothing after couple of days. Filled a second time all details (because even though the website said "Already told us you are moving", you still have to give the same details, go figure. Still no news from anyone at Virgin Media... I am moving in 2 days now...
Why is it so complicate to get service from you? Your blatant disinterest to handle customer care is amazing.

7 REPLIES 7

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @badrogh, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you have been having issues with getting contact from the team regarding your house move.

Just to confirm, have you already been told that your new address is serviceable? If so, I would recommend popping the team a text on +44753 305 1809 so they can chase this up for you. They are available Monday to Friday between 7am-11pm and Saturday and Sunday between 8am-8pm.

We are unfortunately unable to process any house moves via the forums, please do let us know how you get on with the team though.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

badrogh
On our wavelength

Sadly this number is again the same stupid bot with very limited choice. Nothing that allow me to tell that nobody is contacting me back, and no option to talk to any human (if there is any left at Virgin).

Thanks for your reply.

You would need to advise that you are wanting to speak to the movers team, after this time the bot will then pop you through to their queue so one of the team can assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

badrogh
On our wavelength

I am moving tomorrow. It's been a week I am trying to get an engineer at my new house that is covered by your services. Only way is chatting with the stupid bot, then being on a queue where someone supposed to get in touch with me. Nothing. Tried the website. SMS. Whatsapp. I seriously have enough.

Thanks for your reply @bagrogh, I can certainly understand the frustration with this.

What has happened when you have tried calling the team?

Regards

Nathan

badrogh
On our wavelength

After few SMS attempt leading to WhatsApp I finally got in touch with a real human being, on the day of my move, despite having filled that form from my account two weeks before then. Best they could do is to set an appointment for today. Gabriel helped the best he could to get me setup as the earliest date he could find, even dropped the £20 moving charge to compensate on the delay.

This morning Garry set me up back on Internet, great chaps, done a fantastic job. 

Moral of this story, stop **bleep** around with those stupid AI driven Chat Bots. Nothing replace human on the customer facing service. VirginMedia used to be great at dealing with its customer, but removing the ability to talk to real people has transformed customer experience in a massive PITA. We customers, should not have to go through such difficulties just because your group want to save money. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for this reply badrogh, we're glad to hear you've managed to get through to the team and sort this out 🙂

Our lines are usually busy same as our text support however, once you get to speak to someone there our helpful agents will sort any issues out for you as soon as they possibly can.
The bot is only helpful so to address your query to the relevant team but also necessary so we can re-direct you to the right service department based on the info you provide there.

Sorry to hear how you feel about this, we will pass your feedback to our IT team for future improvements.
Let us know if anything else you may need our help with in the meantime, happy to assist. 

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs