cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home, recently tricked into signing new contract

Lenzar
Tuning in

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am moving home to a part of the country that does not currently have access to Virgin Media's services. Therefore, I'm seeking to cancel my subscription.

I went to check what my subscriptions actually are and I'm horrified to see that I apparently agreed to a new contract on 8th December 2021!

On that day, or at least around it, I did actually phone VM and asked to reduce my package to save money. The lady on the other end of the phone, not wanting for VM to lose money, told me that she would arrange for me to be sent an upgraded router and replacement TIVO remote.

I have Autism and find using the phone difficult at the best of times. The lady on the phone spoke quickly and apparently I have not grasped the finer details. I did not realise that agreeing to a new router and remote, as well as a slightly reduced landline package (I never use it anyway), would constitute an entire new contract. I'm guessing that was among what I was being told, but as I said she spoke quickly and I could not understand exactly what she was saying.

It is not my fault that I am moving. My home was sold and the new landlord decided he wants me out.

Is there anyone I can speak to regarding getting out of this massive unwanted contract? I've stuck with VM for years now, and I would have stayed if I could have, but the new property does not have the necessary cables. This is also not my fault.

1 REPLY 1

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lenzar, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums 🙂

I am sorry to hear you have to leave your home and that this is not of your choice, I can certainly look into what happened with your contract for you.

I will pop you over a PM.

Keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie