cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home proof of new address

Averagewifi
On our wavelength

Hi everyone, just wondering if someone could give me some information. I request ion to have my broadband cancelled as we move house early January, but I need proof of new address to waive the £200 fee. VM don't have Broadband at the new address so I thought there wouldn't be an issue. 

I wont have any bills etc for proof until I've moved there by then it will be past the 28 days they've given me. 

Is a letter from a new broadband provider considered a utility bill? It says a credit card statement but what about debit card?

Pretty frustrating to deal with VM today, took me three days to get through to them then I was passed over to someone else after an hour talking to them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Averagewifi 

The accepted documents showing your new address are :-

bank statement, driving licence, insurance policy, mortgage information, rental agreement or utility bill

Gas, electric and water rates are classed as utilities.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for your help.

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Averagewifi

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

As @newapollo has mentioned, there are a few options for proof of address we can accept.

If you are able to send one of those, this should be accepted for you 🙂

Please do let us know if you have any further questions regarding this. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide