cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home no virgin service

Cargil
Joining in

I am moving home soon (have to downsize unfortunately), and wish to transfer all my virgin services. On checking online and trying to call with no reply, I see that virgin media don’t offer services at my new address, even though it’s 10 minutes away.

I am now really worried about having to pay a huge fee for having  to leave my contract as I can’t afford it, but there is no information and no one answering.

Is there anyone in same situation or have any advice please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should progress your cancellation by phoning and taking the ‘thinking of leaving’ options.

Explain you are moving to an area not serviced by Virgin Media and this will start the process to have any cancellation fees removed on receipt of proof by you of your new location.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should progress your cancellation by phoning and taking the ‘thinking of leaving’ options.

Explain you are moving to an area not serviced by Virgin Media and this will start the process to have any cancellation fees removed on receipt of proof by you of your new location.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Indeed in the past if you canceled for whatever reason within the minimum period, then you were subject to early disconnection fees. But a while ago VM dropped that requirement if you were moving g to an address they don't service, however it seem that you still need to pay the fee but then they send it back to you, probably in the form of a cheque a month or so later - best not to ask!

I believe they require proof of where you have moved to so they can satisfy themselves that you aren't just pulling a fast one on them.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Cargil wrote:

I am moving home soon (have to downsize unfortunately), and wish to transfer all my virgin services. On checking online and trying to call with no reply, I see that virgin media don’t offer services at my new address, even though it’s 10 minutes away.

I am now really worried about having to pay a huge fee for having  to leave my contract as I can’t afford it, but there is no information and no one answering.

Is there anyone in same situation or have any advice please. 

You should find some encouragement here (second drop down link)

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/early-disconnection-fees

about reclaiming any EDF (time limited 30 days) upon producing doc's to show you have moved to a non-serviceable UK address

Some further contact info in a similar topic here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Moving-home/m-p/5093048