cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home and being placed on to a new contract without contest

JackC96
Tuning in

I recently got in touch to let you know im moving house. However, the email i have recieved with the new account details within the contract that i am to pay £49 a month which is much more than I was paying, they have also extended the contract for another 12 months. THIS IS COMPLETELY WITHOUT MY CONSENT. Within the chat with the agent I specifically stated that I do not want any of my services changed, just simply changed to my new address. Today I have spent HOURS on hold to different departments and no one has been remotely helpful. I think its absolutely outrageous that virgin can get away with their appalling customer service. Since no one on the phone has any idea about literally anything, I am hoping that it can be resolved via the forums.

155 REPLIES 155

Hi @Sofia_B,

Thanks for the update, it’s now been a couple of days and it has still not changed on my account. Please can you double check it has gone through? 

thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jaspersmom1

Thanks for getting back to us!

Has the price not changed at all in your online account as of yet?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis_M

thats correct, the price hasn’t changed and it’s still saying my contract is 18months from December 2020 to June 2022.

thanks 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jaspersmom1

I'm chasing this up now, my apologies for any inconvenience.

Once I receive a response i'll be sure to let you know.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis M

Thanks for chasing this. Is there any update?

Thanks

Thanks for your post @Jaspersmom1,

I'll seek to be in touch with @Travis_M to see if we can advise you of any update

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

teonapedel08129
Joining in

Hi, 

I moved homes on the 4th September and was told that I wouldn't be placed in a new contract and that my existing one was still within its time frame. However when checking my contract it says my contract lasts until March 2023 yet my contract was due to expire 18th July 2022. The discount is only lasting till July and I can't afford to stay in this contract as it is let alone without the discount. I am a single mum to two children serving on universal credit and maternity allowance. Please can this be looked into as not once did I agree to a new contact. Thank you 

Hi teonapedel08129,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your contract price/term has changed when moving without your knowledge, I was able to locate your account with the details we have for you, so I can discuss my findings with you, I will invite you into a private chat, I will send an invitation shortly, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul_DN,

I am having the same problem, I moved house in July 2021 and my contract was due to expire in January 2022 but I was signed up to a new contract when I moved house without my consent and my package had not changed, and now I need to cancel the contract I cannot without paying a large disconnection fee because I’m still in a contract, could this please be sorted out.

Many thanks

Hi @g_sss, thanks for your post here in the community although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns.

I'm just going to pop you a PM to obtain some details from you so I can look into this further, and hopefully get things resolved.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W