cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home and being placed on to a new contract without contest

JackC96
Tuning in

I recently got in touch to let you know im moving house. However, the email i have recieved with the new account details within the contract that i am to pay £49 a month which is much more than I was paying, they have also extended the contract for another 12 months. THIS IS COMPLETELY WITHOUT MY CONSENT. Within the chat with the agent I specifically stated that I do not want any of my services changed, just simply changed to my new address. Today I have spent HOURS on hold to different departments and no one has been remotely helpful. I think its absolutely outrageous that virgin can get away with their appalling customer service. Since no one on the phone has any idea about literally anything, I am hoping that it can be resolved via the forums.

155 REPLIES 155

Thanks for your reply, Jaspersmom1,

Did you make any changes or add/remove packages as part of your move?

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey,

No, no changes were made to the package. We just simply transferred to the new house.

thanks 

Hi Jaspersmom1,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Really sorry to hear there has been some confusion with your new package and contract term since moving house.

Due to this we will look at your account for you. I will pop you over a private message so we can take some details from you, please click on the purple envelope to accept that chat. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Jaspersmom1.

We can arrange for the new contract to be removed but need to ask this first.

Has your package changed at all since you moved or are you on the exact same package now as you had in your old property?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi @Steven_L 

I can confirm we are on the exact same package as we were in the old property.

Thanks for confirming that @Jaspersmom1.

I can look into this further for you but would need to pass account security with you to do this, I will drop a private message over in a moment, please look out for this and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Jaspersmom1.

I have passed this onto our management team to have the new contract removed and you reverted to the contract that you should be on.

I will be in touch once this has been confirmed to be actioned.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hey @Jaspersmom1,

I have heard from the management team and your new contract has been removed and you have now reverted to the contract from your former account and at that same rate.

Please do let me know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi @Steven_L

Thanks for the update. I have logged into my account to check this and it is still showing the same contract with the increased price?

Thanks

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @Jaspersmom1

I'm sorry to hear this, I'd advise waiting 24 hours for this to reflect on your online account. 

If you still find the contract hasn't been updated, please let us know and we'll happily get this sorted. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide