cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home and being placed on to a new contract without contest

JackC96
Tuning in

I recently got in touch to let you know im moving house. However, the email i have recieved with the new account details within the contract that i am to pay £49 a month which is much more than I was paying, they have also extended the contract for another 12 months. THIS IS COMPLETELY WITHOUT MY CONSENT. Within the chat with the agent I specifically stated that I do not want any of my services changed, just simply changed to my new address. Today I have spent HOURS on hold to different departments and no one has been remotely helpful. I think its absolutely outrageous that virgin can get away with their appalling customer service. Since no one on the phone has any idea about literally anything, I am hoping that it can be resolved via the forums.

155 REPLIES 155

Hi Zach,

Yes when I login to myvirginmedia it displays my new address, the new account number and some other information

Hi @Bilsta,

Where does it state that you're now in a minimum term contract?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

When I login in to myvirginmedia, it says:

Latest bill

Hi, it looks like you’re new here. As soon as your services have been installed you’ll be able to view your bill summary here.

Underneath this text, there's a purple button that says 'view contract'.

When you press the purple button it takes you to a page where there's a red button that says 'download contract' which when pressed downloads a pdf with my contract details.

Thats where it says I have an 18 month contract which started on November 2nd and goes until May 1st 2024. 

Again, I made no changes to my package, all I did was move.

Hi @Bilsta,

So that I can take a close look into this for you, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Bilsta,

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly via private message. I'm glad that we were able to address and resolve your concerns.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you out with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

AD-VM
Joining in

Hi there

I too have the same problem. I moved into my new address and had an engineer install on Wednesday 14th December 2022. I have moved my exact same services from my old address but when I have received my contract it has extended the length to 18 months ending 13th June 2024 instead of 8th June 2023.

I have tried calling customer services on 2 separate occasions but nothing has been done.

Could you please contact me to sort this out.

Thank you

Hey AD-VM, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to see you are having some contact issues.

I have taken a look and I can see you have been in touch with customer service recently, did they manage to get this resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

VM-DK27
Joining in

Hello,

I have the exact problem. Moved houses on the 17th of December, and was told that the new contract is a placeholder, which would change once my service is activated. It was activated yesterday, but no changes have been made. I just spoke with people on the live chat and they transferred me from one department to another with no clue what I was talking about. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Dominik

Hi @VM-DK27 👋,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. Great to have you here with us!

I'm sorry you've been entered into a new contract following a house move and you've not had much luck getting it sorted via live chat. 

I'd love to help further so will pop you a PM now to confirm some details and we can take it from there 😊

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi there
No I did not manage to get it resolved over the phone but I have received a direct message from Ayisha_B which I have now answered with my account numbers etc.
Thanks