cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home and being placed on to a new contract without contest

JackC96
Tuning in

I recently got in touch to let you know im moving house. However, the email i have recieved with the new account details within the contract that i am to pay £49 a month which is much more than I was paying, they have also extended the contract for another 12 months. THIS IS COMPLETELY WITHOUT MY CONSENT. Within the chat with the agent I specifically stated that I do not want any of my services changed, just simply changed to my new address. Today I have spent HOURS on hold to different departments and no one has been remotely helpful. I think its absolutely outrageous that virgin can get away with their appalling customer service. Since no one on the phone has any idea about literally anything, I am hoping that it can be resolved via the forums.

155 REPLIES 155

JackC96
Tuning in

I recently got in touch to let you know im moving house. However, the email i have recieved with the new account details within the contract that i am to pay £49 a month which is much more than I was paying, they have also extended the contract for another 12 months. THIS IS COMPLETELY WITHOUT MY CONSENT. Within the chat with the agent I specifically stated that I do not want any of my services changed, just simply changed to my new address. Today I have spent HOURS on hold to different departments and no one has been remotely helpful. I think its absolutely outrageous that virgin can get away with their appalling customer service. Since no one on the phone has any idea about literally anything, I am hoping that it can be resolved via the forums.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As I understand it if you move part way through an existing contract to a new address that can be serviced by VM, then, provided you don't make any other changes to the contact, it should continue at the same price for the remainder of the original contract period.  There may be one off charges to cover the move.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Exactly Graham.

But I have received an email regarding moving home, but the contract attached has a significant price increase and a new 12 month contract. I have not agreed to this and my previous contract (from my previous address) has not expired.

I have spoken to several teams about this now via phone but no one can help or rectify this mistake! Just going around in circles!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JackC96 wrote:

Exactly Graham.

But I have received an email regarding moving home, but the contract attached has a significant price increase and a new 12 month contract. I have not agreed to this and my previous contract (from my previous address) has not expired.

I have spoken to several teams about this now via phone but no one can help or rectify this mistake! Just going around in circles!

I have referred this to the Forum Team on your behalf.

Mistakes happen, I hope this can be resolved for you.  Await a response from the Forum Team.  May not happen before tomorrow, but they will respond when they can.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have merged your duplicate post into a single thread.  Posting duplicate messages for the same issue is a breach of the the community guidelines as it leads to confusion when the VM staff or community members respond.

Thanks Graham,

Appreciate your help and look forward to a response from the Forum team.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post JackC96.

Can we please confirm when the house move went through? Is the new account currently active? 

Thanks, Emily.

Thanks for the flag, @ Graham_A

Hi JackC96,

Sorry to hear that the house move hasn't gone over smoothly. @Graham_A is correct that if there are changes to the services during the move this will trigger a new contract. If you have not made changes to your services then it should remain the same. I'll PM you shortly to get your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

@Cory_C Can you PM me as well as the exact same thing has happened to me. I have kept a copy of the live chat transcript if you need it.