cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home and being placed on to a new contract without my consent

ThomasW139
Joining in

I have the same issue as per the subject where all people been experienced the same moving house problem.

I have recently contacted Virgin Media Moving Home team to let you know that I am moving house and request to keep my original package to my new address.

However, the letter and email from Virgin Media that I have received showed that you have given me a new contract which I now need to pay £150 more for extended 8 months. This has been done completely without my consent!

Within the call with the agent I specifically stated that I do not want any of my services changed, just simply changed to my new address. Can someone please rectify this problem?

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The question is does the contract contain items or equipment that is now obsolete, like the 500Gb TiVO boxes or Mix TV packs. These will not transfer, as CS agents can no longer add them to new address accounts.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It contains broadband service only. I requested to bring the original contract with me to my new address. 

Hi ThomasW139,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your contract term update. 

To confirm, have the services been installed at your new property yet?

^Martin

Not yet. It will be installed on 16/08/22. Could you amend it for me before the installation day please? 

We wouldn't be able to amend that until you have been installed and the services are setup. 

^Martin