cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving back to parents

avrilveda
Settling in

Hi, I’m moving back in with my parents in September, they already have a virgin account /tv/phone/broadband. 
I need to cancel my account before I move back but I would still have 6 months left on my contract as it was an 18 month deal. As I can’t take my account with me as it would be silly to pay for 2 accounts in 1 household, would there still be cancellation charges & if so how much? Or would I be exempt as taking the account with me isn’t an option for me?

2 REPLIES 2

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Early disconnection fees are only waived if you are moving to an address that is not serviced by Virgin Media.

The charges are documented here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/early-disconnection-fees

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @avrilveda

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the forums, its great to have you here. 

I am sorry to hear you are cancelling your services with us. As @Ernie_C has stated we do have early termination fees in place for accounts that are cancelled before the end of the contract term. 

In this case the early termination fee would still stand. We do not handle cancellations via the forums but if you give us a call on 0345 454 1111 and select options 4 and 4 again an agent will be happy to advise you further on this. 

Thanks again.