cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House issues

JamesA10
Joining in

Arranged for a house move along with an upgrade to a volt package for the beginning on July, since then the installation hasn't taken place the order is on hold and whenever i speak to any of the teams they just pass me from one team to another, the move team pass me to either pre-installation or construction who then pass me back. Even talking to the complaints team they sent me to preinstallation wo then sent me to the move team. None of them can give me any answers, none of them will take ownership of it. It's been 2 months and i'm no furthur forward, with no TV or Internet. I even tried to cancel it and was told i'd have to pay a termination charge (even though i have no service to terminate)

The customer service has been horrendous and I have no idea where to go next. i've spent literally 10's of hours on the phone and get absolutely nowhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Failure to connect your new property whilst insisting you're still in contract amounts to a loss of service.  Under the relevant Ofcom rules, that's about £200 VM owe you already, and still increasing.

So what do you want now?  If you want to terminate the contract without paying an early termination charge (and being paid the £200 that they already owe you), then you need to complain to VM using the web form in My Virgin Media, state that they have failed to connect you promptly and you hold them in breach of the contract under the terms of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, section 52 .  State that you are now making "time of the essence", offering them ten days to honour their commitments under CRA 2015 and to pay compensation in line with item 3 below, alternatively to:

1) Release you from contract without penalty as provided for by CRA 2015 section 54 (7f)

2) Refund of all payments made since you last had a working VM connection and without further charges as provided for by CRA 2015 section 54 (7b).

3) Payment of £8.40 per day as per the Ofcom rules for compensation in regard of loss of service, to be paid between the last date you had a working connection, and the date that the company confirm to you that they will resolve the matter on these terms.  The value of this is per Ofcom, the basis of your claim would be CRA 2015 section 54 (7a),

Maybe that will get the required outcome, but realistically VM's complaint handling has been so poor you should expect to be fobbed off.  If that's the case (or they agree to some but not all of those three requirements), then you reject the resolution email and ask for a deadlock letter.  With the deadlock letter you involve the industry complaints adjudicator (and a further compensation request for the poor complaint handling).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JamesA10, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of the delay with your installation since moving, we will do all we can to help. 

Can you please expand on what has been advised by the team during this time? Have you been advised of any construction work required at the property?

Let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Failure to connect your new property whilst insisting you're still in contract amounts to a loss of service.  Under the relevant Ofcom rules, that's about £200 VM owe you already, and still increasing.

So what do you want now?  If you want to terminate the contract without paying an early termination charge (and being paid the £200 that they already owe you), then you need to complain to VM using the web form in My Virgin Media, state that they have failed to connect you promptly and you hold them in breach of the contract under the terms of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, section 52 .  State that you are now making "time of the essence", offering them ten days to honour their commitments under CRA 2015 and to pay compensation in line with item 3 below, alternatively to:

1) Release you from contract without penalty as provided for by CRA 2015 section 54 (7f)

2) Refund of all payments made since you last had a working VM connection and without further charges as provided for by CRA 2015 section 54 (7b).

3) Payment of £8.40 per day as per the Ofcom rules for compensation in regard of loss of service, to be paid between the last date you had a working connection, and the date that the company confirm to you that they will resolve the matter on these terms.  The value of this is per Ofcom, the basis of your claim would be CRA 2015 section 54 (7a),

Maybe that will get the required outcome, but realistically VM's complaint handling has been so poor you should expect to be fobbed off.  If that's the case (or they agree to some but not all of those three requirements), then you reject the resolution email and ask for a deadlock letter.  With the deadlock letter you involve the industry complaints adjudicator (and a further compensation request for the poor complaint handling).

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JamesA10, thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you're no closer to an installation, in spite the effort on your part, to get a resolution.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R