cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House - Address Not Shown

seanusx
Joining in

I'm moving house on 23 June. As my property (a flat in a new build less than 3 years old) isn't shown in the postcode checker, I submitted a manual request for services. On 5 April I got a reply back saying we can't bring Virgin Media to your area.

Trying to use the chatbot to book a move gets no reply, and when you log back on has often completed disappeared. I either want to get a new connection, or get my services cancelled.

5 REPLIES 5

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Why do you think VM serves the area you're moving to?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello seanusx

Thanks for posting your query in regards to serviceability, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community. 

It's great to hear you're interested in joining us, we'd love to have you with us. You can register your interest here if you haven't already and we'll keep you up to date with our expansion work in your area.

You can also call the sales team on 0800 183 1234 who will be able to request a spotter if required to come out and check if the property is serviceable.

Rob

Hi Rob, my problem is that I'm a current customer, so need to hear from Virgin whether they are going to move my services or cancel my account!

Because the neighbouring properties both are!

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi seanusx 👋

Thanks for coming back to us regarding this. There can be many reasons as to why a property may be non-serviceable, from previously identified construction issues, declined construction permits, or the area itself already being at customer capacity and so we aren't accepting new customers in the area at this time.

We're unable to assist with Movers-related queries via the Forum and it would be best to contact the team on 📞 0345 454 1111 (Opt 4 - Opt 3), where our team can assist you further in identifying serviceability at your new address, or guiding you through the next steps.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ