cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home

PhilT81
On our wavelength

Hi,

I’m moving home at the end of the month and want to tell Virgin Media but really can’t be bothered hanging on phone queues. Plus, my wife is working from gone and constantly in meetings so I don’t want to disturb her. 

I’m very very tempted to move to Sky, especially with the idea of Sky Glass and I also need to cut down the cost of my package as I’m paying way more than I should be given that my main use is the broadband and recording terrestrial TV on my TiVo and then streaming it to my phone. I have a landline I literally never use, not even for incoming calls. I’m registered blind so some of the accessibility features of Sky are quite attractive. Plus, it’d be nice to no rather get constant harassing calls claiming to be reviewing my bill, trying to check I’m on the right package etc when all they want to do is sell me a mobile contract I have no use for or add sports/movies that I’m not going to watch at all. Even when I blocked the number they just switched to another one. I’ve been with Virgin for about 15 years (this time round) as I always liked the fibre broadband but other providers have that now so there’s not really any reason to stay. Despite being with them that amount of time my account says I’m on a contract with them for another few months. Presumably because I’ve agreed to a small change to my package about a year ago. 

So, how do I message them about moving home? I imagine I’ll need to take them with me for a few months. 

2 REPLIES 2

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PhilT81,

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for getting in touch with us regarding this.

We are sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving our services. You may find the following link useful if you are looking to carry our services to the next property  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home. Also if you are looking to disconnect our services completely, you may find this useful  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-how-to-cancel . 

If you wish to speak to our team, you can call on 0345 454 1111 where our team can best assist.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

If and when you move your services make sure you check that they don't sneak (I mean accidentally) renew your contract again that's been on the boards a few times recently.  £20 moving fee and make sure you don't change a single thing in your current package with them.

If works are required at the new house to install then that's more chaos.  If you can't move services you will be charged a max of £240 or your remaining bills minus a little bit... which ever is lowest.