Menu
Highlighted
baldadonis
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Moving Home

Hi

I am moving home on 15th November. I can’t take any of the services with me as my new home cant get virgin media.

i called customer services on 14th October to give the months notice to stop the service on 14th November. I have received the packaging from virgin to return the equipment

Today i received a bill which I thought would be my final one but it’s saying it’s for services from 1st to 31st December. Direct debit payment will be taken for a normal full month

I called customer services and was basically told that as the bill has been generated, I have to pay it.

Surley that can’t be correct? What happens if i just cancel the direct debit with the bank ?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moving Home

What you have been told is correct.

The billing cycle continues and your next bill has been cut as you’re still within your 30 days notice period (and still a customer).

You pay the bill and your final bill will credit any overpayment, after you have actually left.

Cancelling your DD just results in you not paying a valid bill with any attendant outcomes from doing so.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped