cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home, trying to transfer my service & Netflix rears it’s head again!!

Ephemera
On our wavelength

Hiya,

I tried using web chat on two separate days to tell virgin that I was moving and wished to transfer my service, complete waste of time so I called on Saturday instead and was told that it couldn’t be completed because of my Netflix subscription. Apparently it has to be dealt with by the Exception Dept whatever that is?? The lady told me the Exception Team would ring Monday morning and sort it but of course they didn’t. So I called Virgin this afternoon to be told that they can’t say when the E team (certainly not the A Team) will call, maybe in the next few days. 

All I want to do is book an engineer to connect the services to new address, but I can’t do that until the E Team (who are the only people who can deal with the Netflix code apparently!) decide to call as no, you can’t call them and Virgin don’t have a number for them!! So I said cancel Netflix then, but No only the E team can do that. When they deign to call me apparently it is about a two week wait for an engineer 🤬🤬

Moving Friday so looking highly likely we’ll be without internet for about 3 weeks, would love to leave after all this hassle but it will cost £250 as still in contract. It really shouldn’t be this difficult. 

Virgin media has been the most problematic of all the utilities & everything else for that matter to try and transfer and they still won’t tell me if we can keep the same landline number!

Would love to tell them where they can stick their cable but I’m far too polite for that!!

But seriously what a palaver!!

Ephemera_0-1655132942986.png

24 REPLIES 24

@Ephemera wrote:

And apparently the complaint I just made has been resolved?????

B621C440-5D90-4AC8-BA3F-72BCA9AA1A31.jpeg

 ??? How has it been resolved ???😤😤

Well it could have been worse, you could have been given the really insulting ‘Education given’ response, unless, of course VM’s legendary brain-dead marketing department have finally realised that such an answer tends to result in an angry mob armed with pitchforks and torches descending on their HQ intending to drag the CEO out and unceremoniously executing him as an example to others. Note: for the attention of the legal department, I am in no way condoning physical violence against individuals - just saying😀

Look, the complaints setup is just as broken, made up and pointless as everything else at VM. No worries, just use it as evidence in the inevitable escalation to the industry regulators and adjudicators.

Sorry to see you have not had any update on this @Ephemera, I will certainly look into this further for you.

I am going to send you a PM so I can do this for you.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Ephemera
On our wavelength

Hey guess what!

Still no broadband 

I’m getting very annoyed as no show by contractors at 17:32pm. 😡😡

What is the problem??? 

I am paying for both Amazon Prime and Netflix which I can’t use as I need to keep my data for essentials. I can’t use iPlayer and want a guarantee when my broadband is going to be installed and compensation for failing to install it when stated and failing to let me know when installation cancelled. I have also had to cancel  a dental appointment for a filling which was tomorrow morning, which is even more annoying as now it looks like I could have gone  😡😡

Extremely poor customer service as usual. 

Ephemera_0-1657125841824.png

Ephemera
On our wavelength

Just received this message 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Hello, it's Virgin Media. We need to do some extra work outside before we can get your broadband up and running. This means we've had to move your installation to 29-07-2022 between 1PM-6PM. We're really sorry about that. If you want to know more, reply 'CHAT' then option 1 for Technician Visit to start texting with us.

🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️So annoyed I contacted VM early June to say we were moving now they keep delaying the installation right at the last minute. 

Im out of pocket adding data to my phone, paying for Netflix, Amazon prime and monthly charge for HP printer pages and I can’t use any of them. No landline etc. 

Collected my old kit the same week we moved though didn’t they. 

So angry that this is happening. If they even stick to this date. It will be six weeks without broadband. 

VIRGIN MEDIA WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT??????!!!

Hi Ephemera,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, really sorry to hear your install has been put back again due to the outside works needed, we do understand your frustration especially with you telling us in early June.

Sometimes it is out of our hands and we have to wait for permistion from the local council to carry out any needed construction work, this can take a while especially if any Roads or public footpaths need closing off.

We do apologise for any inconvenience this is causing and that you have had to use all your data.

Regards

Paul. 

Ephemera
On our wavelength

Hi Paul,

Apologises are all very well but I can’t get a straight answer or an installation date out of anyone 🤬

I’ve gone on twitter, gone on here, rung customer services, wasting loads of time energy and money and I still can’t get a confirm date of when installation will be. It will be six weeks since I first informed of our move!

I would just like to be treated with respect and told when broadband is going to be installed.

it’s not too much to ask for a communication company to communicate is it????

Paula

Ephemera
On our wavelength

Right when is anyone going to install my broadband 🤬🤬🤬🤬

just got my mobile bill 

C821AC7B-3713-497C-B6DA-FC86FBDEE1DA.png

 as you can see it’s about £35 more than usual! My husbands bill is a similar increase. Yes I’ve had a £41 refund from you BUT £19 of that was the credit balance from our VM account so £22 doesn’t anywhere near cover how much we’re out of pocket so far. 

What are you going to do about it?????????🤬🤬

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ephemera

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about your issue regarding Netflix. I am going to drop you a private message now, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ephemera
On our wavelength

Been on the phone to customer twice today 🤬

All they have done is make me sign up for a SiM for my sons iPad and I said it’s not set up for cellular and she was insistent that it would be. Afeter getting off the phone I looked on you tube and I can’t use a Sim on my sons iPad. 

IM SO ANGRY🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

all I want is what I was promised on the 4th June broadband, phone and TV and 3rd install cancelled and flogged a useless SIM card for IPAD

My son has a learning disability and relies on his iPad and it’s costs it us ££££££ to use my iPhone hotspot for data.

VIRGIN MEDIA YOUR SERVICE IS DISGUSTING 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Ephemera
On our wavelength

Long story short.

Told VM would be moving on 17th June (on 4th June)

Had install cancelled 3 times with either no notice or less than 24 hours. Latest install date 20 August. 🤬🤬

Been on the phone to customer services twice today 🤬

All they have done is make me sign up for a SiM for my sons iPad to add data. I said I thought it can only access wife, but agent insistent all iPads can use a SIM card. After getting off the phone I looked on you tube and I was right I can’t use a Sim on my sons iPad. 

IM SO ANGRY🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

all I want is what I was promised on the 4th June broadband, phone and TV and 3rd install cancelled and flogged a useless SIM card for IPAD

My son has a learning disability and relies on his iPad and it’s costs it us ££££££ to use my iPhone hotspot for data.

VIRGIN MEDIA YOUR SERVICE IS DISGUSTING 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬