Menu
Highlighted
StuaertLockhart
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Moving Home-Refund Due

I moved home on 8th June to a NON Virgin serviced home.  Payment had been made via DD in advance at my old address and it is agreed that a refund due.  I chased up refund on 23rd July (19 days ago).  The lady in India said a "cheque" would be issued that day and I'd have that within 7 working days.  No cheque has arrived!

I've spent 45 minutes on the phone this morning, again to India, and this second lady confirmed that NO cheque has been issued.  The same message as above was given to me today so a cheque is on its way, OR IS IT??  You have my bank details, transfer the refund into my account.

This isn't good enough.  I want someone in the UK to contact me TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Home-Refund Due

cheques take 45 days from the date you cancel.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

To clarify, not from the date you ring to cancel, the date your services stop is the start date.

Were you in any minimum term of your contract still?
Did you give full 30 days notice of cancelling?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
StuaertLockhart
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the comments so far.

Virgin Media issued me with a Credit Note and know the amount that is required to be refunded.  It really is that straightforward.

Someone at Virgin Media Accounts, based in the UK, needs to contact me TODAY and confirm the status of my refund.  This isn't rocket science, someone needs to issue a payment to me.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@StuaertLockhart wrote:

Thanks for the comments so far.

Virgin Media issued me with a Credit Note and know the amount that is required to be refunded.  It really is that straightforward.

Someone at Virgin Media Accounts, based in the UK, needs to contact me TODAY and confirm the status of my refund.  This isn't rocket science, someone needs to issue a payment to me.

Staff here will take several days to respond to threads, so if you want a response today you need to phone up.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
izools
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It only cost £25 to issue them with a court claim

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

0 Kudos
StuaertLockhart
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Spent 45 minutes on the phone earlier today and dealt with the Call Centre in India.  They told me a cheque would be issued today.  They told me the same thing 19 days ago.  Will likely tell me the same thing again 10 days from now.  A bit like Groundhog Day.  Unfortunately with Call Centre's you never get the opportunity to speak with someone in authority.

Don't want to go down the legal route but will resort to that if I need too.

In the meantime, I found Tom Mockridge's email address (he's the CEO) and have emailed him.  Sometimes this approach can work.  We'll see.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You’ve found his secretary team. You haven’t messaged him directly. They will likely give you similar answers about the cheque.

If you want to speak to the UK lot on the phones the best bet is going to option 1 4 5 ‘thinking of leaving us’ and explaining to them. I totally agree offshore is really unhelpful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello StuaertLockhart, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you've had around receiving your cheque. Just to clarify a cheque refund would be issued 35 days after the account has been disconnected. Once issued it can then take a further 14 working days to receive in the post.

Can you confirm if this time frame has passed?

Many thanks,

ALEX_RM

0 Kudos
StuaertLockhart
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post.

I sent an email to the Virgin Media CEO and received a call yesterday, Monday 13th August.  A cheque will be with me within 10 days.

I note your timescale of 35 days and then a further 14 days to refund customers, 49 days, or 7 weeks.  Is this really the best you can do?

You have my bank details as you've been taking money out of my account every month for the past 29+ YEARS but need to issue a cheque rather than refunding directly into my account.  I'm an Accountant and know what is involved in both issuing & receiving payments and frankly there are no valid reasons as to the timescales in which you operate.  I trust my refund will attract a small amount of interest too!

0 Kudos