cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home? Customer Service Agents Caught Misleading Customer. Here is proof.

futureisvegan
On our wavelength

No-one enjoys coming on to these forums to have a negative rant, and to be fair I wish I had come on here to praise this network for the outstanding speeds we have got on our previous address, one street up. 900+ mbs which amazing, when working from home for the duration of the pandemic. We have had fantastic service for over 5 years. So 5 gold stars to Virgin for this.

But this week things have taken a turn for the worst. We moved home to the adjacent street in London and was advised that all we needed to do was move, take our box with us and plug it in and it it would magically work. 

I will give you two guesses as to what happened next. 

That's right, absolutely nothing. The Hub 4 turned red and for the 3 days we have been in our new home we have had no connection. 

Being self employed, and my internet connection is the life blood of my business. 

I called twice to complain. Twice I was told that "Sorry sir, there was an outage on the network''. And that "the network engineers where working hard behind the scenes to get things fixed". And that it may be fixed a few days from now. That was the 28th of July. It would be fixed by the 1st of July.

I happened to meet my neighbour, and asked if they where on virgin media and if they had had any issues, they said no. No issues and fast speeds. 

I called customer services again, and again was told. "sorry sir, there is an outage on the network" I explained that my neighbour had had no issues with their connection. I was told that it would be looked in to. I lodged an official complaint.

So I decided to login to my account on virginmedia.com and there it was. None of our services had been provisioned. So where you usually see your services 'sizes' there boxes where empty, saying "add services'

Which means that our hub and the network are not talking to each other, because our hub has not been provisioned to the network, as well as the fact that there where not a single issue reported on the customer dashboard either. See evidence below along with timestamp.

Screenshot 2021-06-30 at 22.19.56.png

What I want to understand is are customer service agents trained to mislead customers, or is it just incompetence on the part of the systems that the customer service agents have access to?

Or is it something else?

A service I am paying almost £800 a year for I would expect a much better result. 

Has anyone else moved home with Virgin Media and dealt with this?

Am I being unfair, unreasonable? Am I missing something? 

I certainly do not want to make false accusations publicly but this is incredibly frustrating to be mislead by a company we have relied on for half a decade! 

14 REPLIES 14

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi futureisvegan,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear your services aren't working since your move.

I have had a look our end and I can see everything is provisioned and showing as active, have you changed the online account since moving as this will not be the same as the account number is for the address and not the customer?

I can also see there is a SNR issue (Signal to Noise Ratio) in your area which will cause the below,

You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this.

This was raised under F009114712 on 22/06/21 @ 13:53 and ther estimated fix Time/Date is Today 01/07/21 @ 09:40, as you moved after this it may be this stopping the set up correctly and effecting you in a different way to your Neighbours as they were already active.

I can see there hasn't been any usage however everything apart from the fault is showing as it should be, once this has been resolved there shouldn't be any further issues?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, thank you for your promote response. Well this is a bit embarressing for Virgin Media. 

In this image below is a Virgin Media street cabinet. I reported as being exposed 3 months ago. By pure chance it happens to be right outside my house. Having networking experience myself, I thought I would check it to see if anything had been vandalised. Considering this has ben exposed for all this time, anyone at any time can pull out or cut all these connections. These ports should be secured behind locked doors. This is not only a data privacy concern but a major concern for every one on this street.

So I bent down, checked and looked for our street number. And there it was. Our street number port line, totally disconnected. And the cable connection not connected. 

I just wanted to know why your systems report this as a SNR outage? Why cant the systems detect that the port is totally disconnected? 

An engineer is booked to come and I will ask him to fix up this port. To make sure we are getting full speeds. It's basically just in the only free port I could find. And our internet after 4 days of no connection is now running at 600 mbs.

I think this deserves a story in the local press it is so hilarious. 

I am angered, shocked and disappointed I had to work this out myself. Also told to wait another 5 days for an engineer to come. When I have told the CS team that the internet in my home is the life blood of my small business and after 5 years of perfect service, now moving home (one street down) this happens.

Unbelievable. 

The exposed cabinet doors right outside my home in londonThe exposed cabinet doors right outside my home in london

found our connection and reconnected it myselffound our connection and reconnected it myself

Hi futureisvegan,

Thank you for coming back to me, I am really sorry to see the state of that cabinet and to hear this seems to have been the issue, has the cabinet now been secured and locked up, I have sent it to the street cabinet team to investigate and make sure it is secured if not already.

I appreciate your frustration and am also unsure of why this hasn't been picked up or even when it was vandalised/ damaged or if this is the reason for the SNR issue in the first place.

We apologise again for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, thanks for coming back. The cabinet has been open for more than 3 months

Hi futureisvegan,

Thank you for coming back to me, I have reported this to our cabinet team and have already received notification that is has been raised under F009138612 and there should be someone there ASAP.

Kind regards

Paul.

Thank you Paul. Much appreciated. This whole week has been really hard with a house move, family. And this problem made it worse as both my partner and I have not been able to work at home. 

Paul, re my account number and online account. The account number is the one that was on my new order when I moved home. So dont see why it would be different. 

My services are still not showing up. 

Hi @futureisvegan

I can understand the frustration and we do apologise for the inconvenience. 

I will pop you you a PM now so that we can discuss this further.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

for some reason can’t reply to your DM. Please read the thread above. You are misunderstanding what is wrong.

My internet is working, I just want someone to come to the house and fix the virgin media cabinet.

look at the pictures in the thread above please.