cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Exterior Cable Termination

dush
On our wavelength

Hi Team,

Have an unusual situation. It transpires that our VM connection is actually coming in from next door across their property into ours. Next door is now renovating and the cable will eventually get cut. We know the owners - they are fine with the cable on their property but because the entire place is getting converted from a commercial property to residential the cable has to go.

I have no idea why the original installation didn't directly install the virgin media termination on our property. But we actually need it installed properly on our property. 

I don't know which team to contact or how to get this arranged. Could you kindly put me in touch via PM? I'm messaging on here because I doubt it's a common request and it's much easier to describe over a written message.

Thank you kindly 🙂

34 REPLIES 34

Lisa_CC

Hey there dush,

Sorry to hear about the cabling being on a different property and understand that given the circumstances, you'd want the cables to be moved onto your own property. I'm unsure what the reason is but do know that sometimes cabling are placed on neighbouring properties. 

I've found your details but I'll send you a Private Message so I can confirm that I'm looking at the correct details and see if the Area Field Manager can help us 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa_CC

Thanks for the details @dush via Private Message and I've sent an email to our Area Field Manager to ask them how we can best approach this. I'll post back with an update as to what they say :).

Thanks,

Lisa

dush
On our wavelength

Thanks - looking forward to your response 🙂

dush
On our wavelength
Hi Lisa

Any progress on this? Worried I'm going to be left without connection very soon

Hi dush,

Thanks for coming back to us. Lisa is currently not available today, so I have re-sent the original email that Lisa wrote to the area field manager asking for any updates for you. As soon as I have a reply we will post back to you through here. 

Kind regards Jodi

dush
On our wavelength

Hi Team,

Really need an answer to this - cable is about to be cut. Could you internally escalate this please?

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable
who is cutting the cable. As only VM can remove the cables. If its cut it can damage the network for everyone in the area if its not disconnected from the green box

dush
On our wavelength

Hi there,

The builders next door, the entire place is getting converted from a shop to a house!

Anonymous
Not applicable
they will need to get VM to remove the box and cable soi they should be able to move your connection at the same time