cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved property and got scammed by transfer team.

GheorgheS
Tuning in

Hi.

I have moved property and the new address had virgin previously so it was a smooth move.

Problem is that I was told my contract will be moved with me, which I have 6 months left of, and instead of moving my contract with me, it got canceled and they shoved a new 18 months contract. 

This is unacceptable, I never agreed to have my contract canceled and to have a new 18 months contract. I was not made aware of this and DID NOT agree to such terms. 

I am wasting hours being bounced from one operator to another on the phone, and everytime I am passed to a "team" which does not answer, not even after 30minutes wait. 

Their "dead-end", where they transfer customers they don't want to deal with. 

This is utterly pathetic, honestly, I won't stop until this is rectified as I have not been informed of these contractual modifications nor agreed to them. 

If a contract can be so easily altered then I am quite sure that this issue should be just as easily rectified.

9 REPLIES 9

shawty1984
Well-informed

The staff on here won't escalate this issue to anyone higher to get it from happening at all. They should be pushing their management everyday till the issue is sorted as its happening far too often. 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GheorgheS, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you're having an issue getting your contract sorted since moving. 

As long as the package and price is the same, the contract should have moved over. 

We can certainly check this further for you. In order to discuss things further, we will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GheorgheS, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message and for passing data protection. 

I have checked the account and can see things are the same so I have arranged for the contract term to be updated on your account. This usually takes around 48 hours but I will pop an update here to let you know it's been done. 

Leave this with me for now and I'll be in touch soon. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Its been 2 days since you have not replyed.

You requested all the details in private, i gave them to you and no answer no resolution.

I am trying to get a response from anybody basically but i am totally ignored... thats just great.

Every virgin media agent will asure you that the problem is solved within 48 hours and its safe to hang up....

its been nearly 3 days and nobody seems to do anything about it....

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GheorgheS

Thanks for posting on our community forum

I'll chase this up with Kath_F now so she can provide an update for us 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi GheorgheS, 

Apologies you thought I was ignoring you. It looks like you missed my reply to your private message above. We only use private message when needing to send or collect personal information. As this wasn't the case I replied publicly. 

I did come back to you to let you know I was going to get the contract amended for you but that it can take up to 48 hours to be done. 

As it's the weekend, it is taking a little longer to process however this should be updated on Monday for you. I will check the account and confirm with you once it's been done. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

GheorgheS
Tuning in

Hi. - THIS MESSAGE WAS POSTED A WEEK AGO AND GOT TONS OF PROMISES THAT IT WILL BE DEALT WITH.

Kath_F has messaged me to ask all the details for the account, I provided, and then for a whole wee she ignores any of my messages.

I have been reassured multiple times that my problem will be "dealt with within 2 working days" but nobody seems to care that I have been going through.

I have moved property and the new address had virgin previously so it was a smooth move.

Problem is that I was told my contract will be moved with me, which I have 6 months left of, and instead of moving my contract with me, it got canceled and they shoved a new 18 months contract. 

This is unacceptable, I never agreed to have my contract canceled and to have a new 18 months contract. I was not made aware of this and DID NOT agree to such terms. 

I am wasting hours being bounced from one operator to another on the phone, and everytime I am passed to a "team" which does not answer, not even after 30minutes wait. 

Their "dead-end", where they transfer customers they don't want to deal with. 

This is utterly pathetic, honestly, I won't stop until this is rectified as I have not been informed of these contractual modifications nor agreed to them. 

If a contract can be so easily altered then I am quite sure that this issue should be just as easily rectified.

Hi @GheorgheS

Thanks once again for your patience. I can confirm the contract on the account has been updated on our end now. 

Your terms are the same as before you moved. 

If you need any further help or support, pop a post back here. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi GheorgheS, 
It looks as though you haven't been receiving notifications to say the thread has been updated as I have replied to each message you have sent only it's been via this thread. No one on the Forum Team has ignored you or not followed through on any action you were promised. If you read back over this thread, you'll be able to see all my responses. 
These were made: January 26th at 3:10pm, January 29th at 9:01am and February 1st at 3:57pm. 
This issue is resolved. The contract has been updated on your account at this end as per my reply to you yesterday. 
If you have any further issues, come back to us here. 
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team