Menu
Highlighted
chrisdawn55
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Moved into New Build, FTTP box install

Hi all, 

moved into a new build 30/11 and within few days Openreach have installed their FTTP box but there's no Virgin installation ?

Do I need to ask for an install, is triggered by the housebuilder or do I have to wait for Virgins installation schedule for my postcode...?

postcode CV22 7XD

Just dont want to be forced to go with BT.... Smiley Sad

cheers

-c

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moved into New Build, FTTP box install

It is good advice only to move into a property that is advertised as having Virgin available if you will be wanting their services.

Virgin don't operate over Openreach, so if your property was not advertised as "Virgin ready" then there will be no infrastructure in the estate as the developer has not paid for installing it.

As new estates usually have a "no dig" policy until the roads pass into local authority control, you will be looking at a wait of 5+ years before the estate can even be considered for Virgin expansion.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
chrisdawn55
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks nodrogd, we were told the estate is Virgin ready ( all the cabling is by our front door )

houses down the street are on Virgin ( already gone knocking on doors )

hoping it just a case of an engineer being scheduled to connect things up ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you put your postcode into the checker, there are certainly some addresses in your street ready to go.

If you’re on there, you’re good to go. If not, I guess not.

https://www.virginmedia.com/postcode-checker?buspart=uk_ps_a_cable_purchase_GOOGLE_Brand_Area_Checke...

chrisdawn55
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie_C

Only goes upto no.22 currently.....but certain there are houses between 22 and us who are on Virgin?

Spoke with someone at Virgin who assured me would be connected but couldnt give a timescale.. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Chrisdawn55, thanks for your post.

We are expanding our network. You can register your interest here - virg.in/checker 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos