cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house but showing wrong account MyVirginmedia

susan_ball
Joining in

So I have moved my services to a new address. They were installed on 29th. 

The move team seem to have really messed up my account.  The first move fell through and move team cancelled but when I login to My Virginmedia it shows the account for the address I don't live at. Its a different area code entirely.

I'm concerned that you have two contracts open under my name when there should only be one. 

I've spoken to two people on the phone regarding this and it's still not sorted. Can someone look into this for me. 

Also when I login to TV control app it isn't working as it's picking up the account that shouldn't exist. 

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @susan_ball 

I hope you are settling into your new home.

When you move home the account at the old address is closed and a new account is set up at your property.

As part of the home move process VM can/should perform a move and transfer of your details across from the old account to the new one.

You could also register your new account with a different email address, however if you do that you will lose any old emails addresses associated with the original account.

You could call in and speak to the home move team, however Forum Staff may be able to do this for you, but as it's the weekend it may take a couple of days before they pick this up.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @susan_ball,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a little bit of trouble following a recent move. With your online account, it sounds like you're logging into the one assigned to your old address. When you move to a new address you'll be given a new account number, and that will be linked up to a new online account once you've registered for one.

Have you had a chance to do this yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

@Zach_R

The account for my old address was 4XXXXXXXX area 20, the new one is 6XXXXXXXX area 20 but the my Virginmedia account is showing 8XXXXXXX area 31 (this relates to aborted move)

I've been with Virginmedia for 20 years and never needed to open a new online account for a move. I'm getting emails to the correct address for the 6xxxxxxx account so why can't I login to online and apps.

Hi @susan_ball,

You'd need to set up a new online account against the new account number you have assigned to your services at your new address. Have you done this yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

So I do have two accounts open. I changed the email address for the 8xxxxxxxx account to another then I've been able to register at the 6xxxxxxxx with the original email address.

I guess I now lose my ntlworld email. 

Can someone please delete the 8xxxxxxxx for me? It shouldn't be open as the move/ install to that property didn't happen. 

Hi Susan,

Thank you for coming back to us, I will be more than happy to have a further look and make sure the account has been cancelled, so I can do this I will send you an invite into ma private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.