cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house = New contract

joco1
Joining in

Hi, 

I recently moved house and as others have found Virgin have changed me over to a new contract with an 18 month minimum term and a price increase midway through. 

This clearly contravene the terms and conditions on the website: 

"Where we have agreed with you to continue providing the same services that you received at your current address to your new address and this is during any minimum period, then that minimum period will continue at your new address (for example, where your services are on a 12 month minimum period, if you move during month 7 of your minimum period, the remaining 5 months of your minimum period will apply for those same services being provided at your new address)."

I spent over 2 hours trying to get this sorted on live chat. First customer service dropped my live chat and then complaints are refusing to acknowledge the problem. 

How do I get this resolved? 

12 REPLIES 12

joco1
Joining in

Had just posted a new thread when I saw this one!

This happened to me too and I can't get customer service to acknowledge it on live chat.

Any tips @Paul_DN on how to get this sorted? 

Hi @joco1,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you've been having some issues lately. I can see you've made your own thread about this. We'll respond and assist you further from there in due course.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Great, thanks Zach!

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @joco1,

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forums with your house move issues.

I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened to you, when moving home. if you have changed any part of your package, this would result in a new contract.

Is your package at your new home, exactly the same as the one that you had before you moved house?

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for the reply Steven. 

Yes 
it’s exactly the same package as I had before. 

Thanks for your speedy response @joco1, as that is the case the new contract should not stand as the only thing that you have changed is your address and that shouldn't trigger a new contract term.

I can get this sorted for you but would need to take a few details via a private message, so that we can pass through account security, then get this taken care of.

Please look out for my private message and we can then get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @joco1.

I have passed this onto my manager to revert you back to the contract that you should be from your former property.

I will be in touch as soon as I have confirmation that this has been done for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks @Steven_L! Very much appreciated.

You're very welcome @joco1 and I will be in touch soon.

Regards,

Steven_L