cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved home and was entered into a new contract illegally

chrisq123
Joining in

I was in contract in my old home which I started on February of 2021 for 18 months, I moved home in august 2021 and rang up to inform virgin of my change of address, the new property has virgin connection so I was able to take with me my hardware and just pay   £20 activation fee. I had not changed my package my same price keep coming out I was aware my discount would expire on my contract end date of August 2022. I rang up virgin today to confirm what day in august it would be, they informed me that I started a new contract when I moved home, I was never told when changing my address it would be a new contract as nothing in my package had changed and I was just moving house….virgin customer services as reluctant to investigate as calls are only kept for 180days…..how can a company enter someone into a contract without consent, and zero changes to the package or discounts previous had.

disgusting behaviour, now I’m being told I will have to pay £280 to exit before Feb 2023

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello @chrisq123

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the dispute. If you're in a contract and move home, no changes made to the contract, then that contract moves over, so the same dates apply. If any changes were made, new discounts added, then it would be a new contract.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi chrisq123

I can see you're already in PM with my colleague Ash, who'll take it from here

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill