cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved from broadband M600 to Volt M600

Mickkowa1
Tuning in
Hi!,
I have just renewed my contract with Virginmedia.  The package content remained the same but increased in price as they moved me into a volt package.  My broadband speed has changed from M600 to Volt M600.
I am already an O2 customer and have informed them of this change.  They have doubled my data for free with no increase on my contract price.  They have also informed me that I should be eligible for the same double speed increase on my broadband in my Virgin package!
Is this the case?
Regards,
             Mickkowa1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mickkowa1,

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with getting your Volt upgrade. When you are already a VM and an O2 customer, to get your speed boost and your double data, you opt in to the benefits through your O2 online account. Once you have opted in to receive the benefits, it can take up to 14 days to go live. the O2 benefits and VM benefits are applied separately and one can happen before the other. 

If you have instead upgraded to a Volt package then you wouldn't be eligible for a further boost as this is already included in the Volt package. 

I'm happy to double check things this end and take a look but I've been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mickkowa1,

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with getting your Volt upgrade. When you are already a VM and an O2 customer, to get your speed boost and your double data, you opt in to the benefits through your O2 online account. Once you have opted in to receive the benefits, it can take up to 14 days to go live. the O2 benefits and VM benefits are applied separately and one can happen before the other. 

If you have instead upgraded to a Volt package then you wouldn't be eligible for a further boost as this is already included in the Volt package. 

I'm happy to double check things this end and take a look but I've been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mickkowa1, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one via private message. 

As expected, your O2 number that you gave me is already connected with your VM account. The broadband speed you're on now is a boosted Volt package so you wouldn't get any further increase in your speed. 

If you do want to upgrade the speed further, this would be a paid for upgrade and you can check the price on this by speaking with the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Let us know if you have any further queries or questions. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Dear Kath F,

Thank you for looking into my query.  It has left me a little confused.  I renewed my contract with Virgin this week.  The agent stated that my original package of Ultimate Oomph Bundle had ended and been replaced by the Volt one.  He said that my package would stay the same other than it would now be Volt and cost me £6 more.  My broadband was M600 so where is the difference in speed with V600. He said to get in touch with O2 and tell them I had joined the volt bundle.   I was offered 1gb on my old package to move to volt free so what is the difference now other than me renewing my contract with the same conditions?

I have a 14 day cooling period on my new deal do I cancel and stay as I was or what?

Can you please advise me what to do now?   MickK

Hi MickK, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

In order to answer some of your questions, I will need to give account specific information so in order to do this I will need to pass data protection. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Did not get the message

Where is my message from you?

Dear Kath F

Thank you for the help you have given to me so far.  Sadly it is more than I have experienced from anyone at Virgin in all of the years that I have been a customer 

Looked for your message and cannot find anywhere.  Can you help me as I would like to see the answers about my questions to you.

Regards, Mick K

Hi Mick, 

My apologies, my system has been playing up the last few days and doing refreshes which mean I lose interactions for some reason. I have just sent the message for you now 🙂

Many thanks and apologies for the delay once again. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Mickkowa1, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I'm glad I've been able to answer your questions and please don't hesitate in getting back in touch if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team