cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved abroad, charged equipment fee?

Kesh6970
Tuning in

Hi,

I moved from UK to Australia 2 months ago and was able to break out of my Virgin contract 3 months early. I let the rep know that I was moving abroad and no longer had access to the house that the modem was commissioned to. I see I'm now being charged £40 for what I imagine is an equipment fee, but I did make VM aware that I didn't have access to the property and have seen no emails from VM explaining this. Can someone from VM reach out via email/similar (due to time difference) and organise for the charge to be removed/for a tech to visit the house and collect the equipment?

Thanks, 

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Kesh6970

Welcome back to the community!
Sorry to hear that you have been charged for unreturned equipment. Unfortunately, these charges are valid if equipment is not returned to us after a disconnection of your service. Were you already living abroad when you gave your 30 day disconnection notice? Do you or family/friends have any access to the address so that they can return the equipment in your stead? We might be able to arrange a collection of the equipment if a friend or family member is available to make these arrangements with. Once we receive the returned equipment the charges are removed from the account. More information about equipment return charges can be found here, if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

Thanks for your response. I can get in touch with family and try to organise for them to collect the equipment and organise return/collection by VM - can the charge be removed while I organise this?

Thanks

Hi @Kesh6970 thanks for getting back to us.

So that I can do a proper review, I am going to send you a quick private message.

Regards

Lee_R