cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved = New Contract

JennyJukes
Tuning in

Hi,

I joined V.Media as a new customer on September 2018 with the discount to £27 per month until September 2019.

I moved address July 10th and took my virgin media with me.

Unbeknown to me, this "renewed" my contract to July 2020.

I called to find out and they said contracts change with a move of address.  I wasn't informed of this otherwise I would have cancelled.  On the "Moving Home" FAQ it also says the contract doesn't change unless services do.  What I have been advised on the phone is that contracts renew when you move home and I will get my discount until September then will have to pay the non-discounted price of £42 until my contract ends now next year.

I have a "new contract" I can see on my Virgin Media account saying my bill will be £42 until July 2020 but isn't signed or dated by myself whilst my old contract is signed and dated.

The guy on the phone said I can call when my deal goes up to the non-discounted price and see what we can do then.  He said they also can't advise me of an exit fee until then.  He also offered to put in a complaint on my behalf as I wasn't advised on this which I said ok to then.  

Just wondering if I'm missing something in my contract or what's going on?  I had also originally scheduled my change over date to be 7th July then asked for it to be changed to the 10th.  I received a text on the 7th saying my "equipment" was being delivered to the new address even though I was taking my own hub and wasn't in the property yet.  I contacted Virgin Media who said it was ok my date had been changed and not to worry but when I arrived on the 10th there was new equipment..??

Can anyone advise thanks 

132 REPLIES 132

Anonymous
Not applicable
unless you had a package that is no longer available then you have to change to a current package AFAIK

Thanks, but I am still on the same package so I guess it is still available. 

Hey s-pucacco,

I can see that you have raised a complaint for this issue and I can advise that this has been sent to the correct team and is waiting to be picked up by the complaints agent.

They will do a thorough investigation into this and let you know their findings ASAP and hopefully can reinstate you to the correct that you should still be on, as when you move a new contract shouldn't be started unless otherwise stated by yourself.

Regards

Steven_L

nawiddaoud
Tuning in

Hi, 

I seem to be having the same problem as everyone else on here, and I have now spent over AN HOUR on the phone, while different departments in virgin media take turns fobbing me off. What a great service.

The retentions team have now twice said they will put me through to a "manager" but instead they put me in the general queue for customer service service. I am now on the 4th advisor, Dave from the retentions team, who refused to give me a second name. He finally had the courtesy to tell me he can't "put me through" to a manager but he can take my details and ask a manager to call me back. Could one of the first three people not have told me this?

My problem:
I originally was on a 12 month contract in my previous property which started in July 2019. I moved house in April 2020, and took my VM service with me. The VM FAQ clearly states here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home-faqs that if I do not change my service, my contract should continue as normal, and I also agreed this with the advisor over the phone who processed my home move request. 

I did not make any changes to my service, and assumed that my existing agreement with Virgin Media would continue, as the website explicitly stated it would.

I today noticed on my Virgin Media that my contract is showing an April 2021 end date, which means I have been started on a new 12 month deal, without my consent. To rub salt in the wound, my previous contract, which ended July 2020 had a promotional discount applied. The movers team seem to have extended the contract end date to April 2021, but have not extended the promotional discount end date, so from July 2020 I am now required to pay over £50 per month. My original contract was £32pm, due to end on 27th July 2020. I would like this agreement honoured, as I have without my consent been put on a new contract, even when your website explicitly stated this would not be the case. I should now be out of contract, and would like this to be the case please. 

Hi, I have the same problem. When moved address, the moving team changed my contract details too. Where can I write a complain form ?
Many thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Smeagle,

providing you didn't make any changes when you moved address then the old contract will continue -  /terms-and-conditions-for-moving 

"5. Where we have agreed with you to continue providing the same services that you received at your current address to your new address and this is during any minimum period, then that minimum period will continue at your new address (for example, where your services are on a 12 month minimum period, if you move during month 7 of your minimum period, the remaining 5 months of your minimum period will apply for those same services being provided at your new address). Where we have agreed with you to change the services you receive at your new address then a new minimum period may apply for those services and the service start date for that new minimum period will be the date that the equipment is installed at your new address."

Hopefully a member of the Forum Team will pick this up for you, rather than having to go through the complaints process which is far more time consuming, however it may take a few days to a week for them to pick this up.

Here is the link to make a complaint /contactus/make-a-complaint 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Smeagle, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Can you tell me what package you were on, how much the monthly price was and when the contract ended?

Also the same questions for the package you have now been mistakenly put on?

Thanks, I hope the house move went okay apart from this aspect!

Megan_L

Hi Megan,

My original contract didn’t ended yet. It supposed to end on 24th of Feb 2021. My tarrif was and it is still is 33£ until that date. I wanted to check when is due to end and wanted to cancel it once I reach my agreement with Virgin ( 12 months ). I then realised , when asked for moving , they made a new one which is due on Nov 2021 and since 25th of Feb I need to pay 49£. I need someone to amend these details and close my contract once zi reach the original agreeement . 

At no point I have asked for any details to be changed when asking for addresses to be changed.

Hi Smeagle, 

Thanks for coming back to me about this, and for giving me so much info 🙂

Is this for a mobile tariff contract, Media services or a handset loan agreement?

I just want to ask to make sure we are on the same page!

Thanks so much.

Megan_L

Hi Megan,

It is a Virgin Media broadband contract. Started in Feb 2020 , changed address in Nov 2020.

I have spent 2 hours yesterday on the phone, have pictures and recorded everyone who spoke with me. None of the three I spoke with was aware of the T&C on you page. At the end , they lied me that one of the managers will call me in 2 hours as a complain was opened on my behalf. Note that the last guy mentioned that ,whenever someone is moving address , the contract will automatically renew for a year ??!! Seriously ?
I don’t think so 🙂

Many thanks