cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved = New Contract

JennyJukes
Tuning in

Hi,

I joined V.Media as a new customer on September 2018 with the discount to £27 per month until September 2019.

I moved address July 10th and took my virgin media with me.

Unbeknown to me, this "renewed" my contract to July 2020.

I called to find out and they said contracts change with a move of address.  I wasn't informed of this otherwise I would have cancelled.  On the "Moving Home" FAQ it also says the contract doesn't change unless services do.  What I have been advised on the phone is that contracts renew when you move home and I will get my discount until September then will have to pay the non-discounted price of £42 until my contract ends now next year.

I have a "new contract" I can see on my Virgin Media account saying my bill will be £42 until July 2020 but isn't signed or dated by myself whilst my old contract is signed and dated.

The guy on the phone said I can call when my deal goes up to the non-discounted price and see what we can do then.  He said they also can't advise me of an exit fee until then.  He also offered to put in a complaint on my behalf as I wasn't advised on this which I said ok to then.  

Just wondering if I'm missing something in my contract or what's going on?  I had also originally scheduled my change over date to be 7th July then asked for it to be changed to the 10th.  I received a text on the 7th saying my "equipment" was being delivered to the new address even though I was taking my own hub and wasn't in the property yet.  I contacted Virgin Media who said it was ok my date had been changed and not to worry but when I arrived on the 10th there was new equipment..??

Can anyone advise thanks 

132 REPLIES 132

littleoz2
Joining in

Can someone from Virgin Media message me about my account please as I have posted a couple of times in here about my contract but haven't had a reply, thank you in advance

Hi littleoz2

If you make your own thread, we'll be able to assist further. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I have the same issue as the other people in this thread which is why I put a message on this one, about the new contract

Hi littleoz2, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies to see we've missed them. When posting on a big board such as this, posts do get missed which is why we ask you to create your own thread. 

I can have a look at things for you now however the first thing we'll need to do is pass data protection. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sam20191991
Joining in

I got the same thing today, my old contract is around 30£ and 6 months left before I move home, I EVEN called Virgin Media to double check, and get the answer that the moving do not affect my contract.

Then as long as I moved, a new contract with 18 months, 50£ for same package was applied. This seems a way that they make money without getting the approvement from user but can change your contract directly! I am calling or chatting with Virgin Media online, they told me they cannot see anything about my old contract!

Hello Sam20191991

Thanks for taking the time to raise your package and contract query via the forums, we appreciate the confusion this can cause.

Any move during a fixed term contract is dependent on two factors:

• If the package and services remain the same
  • Or if any changes are made ie upgrades or downgrades

If everything is set to remain the same in regards to the package and services then the contract should continue from the same point it was prior to the move. If any changes to these are made such as adding or removing or changing any of the services then a new 18 month contract will be issued.

I can see from our systems that you have spoken to the team earlier today, was this confirmed during the call?

Rob

Nothing changed of the package! Also got your staff double confirmed the package will be kept same before moving !!!!!

Called virgin media and waste 2 hours, one of your staff assured to help to get back old contract within 24 hours, now, 4 days pasted, nothing changed!!!

Really disappointed with Virgin Media!!

That's disappointing to hear Sam20191991, we're eager to look into this further and I will send you a Private Message to get some more details.

Looking forward to your reply..

Rob

richardhaythorn
Joining in

Hi, 

I'm having a similar issue where I moved last year and did not change my package but a new contract was issued. I am now being issued with an Early Disconnection Fee for a contract I didn't agree to or sign.

What are the next best steps? As I was about to raise a complaint,

Thanks,

Hi there @richardhaythorn

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! 

I am so sorry to hear that you are also facing this similar issue! 

I'd be more than happy to look into this with you and get a complaint raised. I'll pop you a PM now so we can arrange this. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.