cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved = New Contract

JennyJukes
Tuning in

Hi,

I joined V.Media as a new customer on September 2018 with the discount to £27 per month until September 2019.

I moved address July 10th and took my virgin media with me.

Unbeknown to me, this "renewed" my contract to July 2020.

I called to find out and they said contracts change with a move of address.  I wasn't informed of this otherwise I would have cancelled.  On the "Moving Home" FAQ it also says the contract doesn't change unless services do.  What I have been advised on the phone is that contracts renew when you move home and I will get my discount until September then will have to pay the non-discounted price of £42 until my contract ends now next year.

I have a "new contract" I can see on my Virgin Media account saying my bill will be £42 until July 2020 but isn't signed or dated by myself whilst my old contract is signed and dated.

The guy on the phone said I can call when my deal goes up to the non-discounted price and see what we can do then.  He said they also can't advise me of an exit fee until then.  He also offered to put in a complaint on my behalf as I wasn't advised on this which I said ok to then.  

Just wondering if I'm missing something in my contract or what's going on?  I had also originally scheduled my change over date to be 7th July then asked for it to be changed to the 10th.  I received a text on the 7th saying my "equipment" was being delivered to the new address even though I was taking my own hub and wasn't in the property yet.  I contacted Virgin Media who said it was ok my date had been changed and not to worry but when I arrived on the 10th there was new equipment..??

Can anyone advise thanks 

132 REPLIES 132

Yes I understand ^.^

Thank you for resolving my problem and setting my mind at peace! ^.^ I will not mind an online contract anymore ^.^

Will do but I hope there won't be any 😄

Have a good day everyone! ^.^

Best Regards,
Julia Sponiarova

hello I just found this and after many months looks like I been told wrong information too, I moved house  and was told 20 pounds but don't worry your discounts will be passed alone and you will need new contract, but don't worry we doing you a favour, and my services was exist same,no change, so there closed my old account down and made new one

kjahmad
Joining in

Hi

I have the same issue, I started my service on 5th Feb 2019 and moved in Oct 2019. I checked now and the contract is now ending Oct 2020. 

I have spent the past 1.5 hours trying to get this resolved and keep getting hung up on.  I spoke to Bethany who get going silent for minutes on end then hung up after 20 minutes. The Charles who gave me the don't worry i will sort it because the contract should have carried on and not done as a renewal and if we get disconnected i will call you straight away. Alas after disappearing for 10 minutes, he cut me off then never called back. I called to the same options after 5 minutes and the woman who sounded like was in the same office refused to raise a complaint or pass me to a manager and said i need to connect you to customer services. She then put me on mute and after 5 minutes unmuted me... i said hello and she hung up.

Please can someone in the admin team please pick this up and pm me? I am very unhappy, stressed and anxious with this.

Thanks

Hi kjahmad

Thanks for your post 

Slightly confused by your post 

Just to confirm the service started in February and you were only able to use our services once you moved in in October.

How long was the contract for?

Were you charged between February and October?

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

My service at my old property started on the 5th Feb 2019. It was on a 12m contract. I moved to a new property in October 2019 and took the service with me (same product). However my contract end is now showing as October 2020 but as i was lead to believe it my contract dates would not change. This is also stated in the t and c's and comes up when look on the help pages.

Yes i have been charged since Feb 2019. However they set me up with a new account number for the new address and carried forward the balance to it. Also the agent said she will pay the £20 moving charge for me which shows as a goodwill gesture on my bill.

Thanks

Khurram

Thanks for replying kjahmad

I understand now, sorry for the confusion on my behalf

When a customer moves a service to a new property 

This does start a new account with new account number and a new contract 

The £20 admin fee is charged to move all your services across 

Has the £20 been taken off then?

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

Thanks for your reply. I'm not disputing the £20 fee, i'm disputing the new contract starting.

The info you provided appears to contradict what has been said earlier in this thread and also what it says on the help pages:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home-faqs

Under the section:

What happens with my contract when I move?

"If you don’t change your services when you move, your contract will continue as normal. If you do change your services, you’ll be subject to a new minimum term as per the terms of your new agreement."

As you can see i didn't change my services so it should have continued as normal ie not renewed.

VERY frustrating that this appears to be a grey area that defies the T&C's and very difficult to resolve.

Regards

Khurram

Hi kjahmad

I will send you a privater message so I can look into the account for you 

Once I  have done that I will make sure that the contract is removed off your current account 

Gareth_L

Thanks for passing security kjahmad

The contract will now be removed in the next 24 hours 

It will still show online though as it has been 

But please dont worry 

Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth you have been great.

However it still hasn't updated and I want to leave and join Plusnet.

If i wanted to leave do i still need to give 31 days notice? As this will mean i need to pay a whopping £50 for Feb which is full price for best part of a month. And this extra amount for a service that isn't working properly! We had to restart the router last night and again this morning. 

Is there any chance i can end my contract earlier than 31 days as i cannot do anything until it shows online because Virgin might not release me from the contract and I can't afford to run 2 broadband contracts simultaneously.

Thanks

Khurram