cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved House Contract Renewed

duckegg
Tuning in

Hi 

I moved home in October 2021 taking my Broadband Only service with me with no changes. I set up all the installation myself no engineer required.  I activated Broadband without any problems.

My original contract is due to end in June.  The problem is that I was not aware that a new contract for 18months was set up although all I did was move address.

There is due to be a big price hike on my account as 2 discounts will be removed in May and June 2022.

I read the T & Cs about moving home and that my original Contract should remain the same with the existing end date.

I have severe profound hearing loss and using the phone is extremely difficult for me to hear anyone on the phone.

Please could someone from the VM forum Team on here contact me to help me rectify this problem.

Kind regards

Maureen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @duckegg
Welcome to the community.
I'm sorry to hear about your contract dispute. Please join me on private message so we can go through account security and look to investigate this for you. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon.  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @duckegg
Welcome to the community.
I'm sorry to hear about your contract dispute. Please join me on private message so we can go through account security and look to investigate this for you. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon.  

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @duckegg

Hopefully this is all resolved for you now. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to post again on the community forums, we'll be here to help if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi @Carley_S

Thank you for sorting this issue for me so quickly.  Your help is very much appreciated.😀

chrisq123
Joining in

I am having this same issue, seems like this is a common occurrence where VM are entering people into an unlawful new contract. Even though it is CLEARLY obvious from my package that nothing has changed since i moved home and the price is still the same and the discount end date still the same prior to move, they aren't even willing to consider that blatant evidence. I am hoping that it was just that one advisor on the telephony CS that was like that and the forum moderators on here can look into it for me and resolve this. Its even in their T&Cs that its only if its a change in the package/pricing that would require a fresh contract.

Hi there @chrisq123

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue as well with your recent move, and I am so sorry for any inconvenience caused! 

I'd be more than happy to take a look into this with you, I'll pop you a PM now so we can do so.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.