cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move and Transfer

garyd007
On our wavelength

Hi,

I'm unable to register on my current VM account as my email address was registered on a previous VM account.

The VM off-shore contact centre was unable to help (after an hour on the phone!).

I'm advised by John of VM on Facebook that someone on here may be able to assist.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Gary

9 REPLIES 9

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @garyd007, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you are unable to register your new online account, if you do move and transfer your account to a new address this creates a new account number. Any other details including your email address will then be associated with your old account number.

If you do wish for this email address to be used for your new online account this is something we can help with by unlinking your email address from the original account. To do this I will pop you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

garyd007
On our wavelength

Hello Nathan.

When I moved recently I didn't transfer an account to my new property as I wasn't with VM prior to my move!

It's an old account and it's information that VM shouldn't have retained under GDPR.

I wonder what the ICO would make of it?

I'll look at your PM, but I'm getting sick of jumping through hoops due to VM's incompetence!

garyd007
On our wavelength

Just an update;

This is still an issue, and Virgin Media do not seem to care, or are just unwilling to deal with the matter..

The VM rep who is responding appears unable to actually effect a resolution.

What an absolutely disgraceful shambles! 

Hi there @garyd007, sorry to see you are unhappy with what is being advised. I have responded to your PM so for now can I ask you keep the conversation in 1 place.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

garyd007
On our wavelength

Nathan,

You can ask all you like, but I shan't take any notice till you get this resolved!

All, Nathan knows full well what the present position is but is either unable to provide any realistic assistance, or is a stooge, placed by VM to try to keep the dissenters quiet!

By dissenters, I obviously mean the VM customers who are not getting what they're entitled to!

garyd007
On our wavelength

Here is a copy of my latest DM to the VM 'assistant'.

" Nathan, I'm not going to bother with you anymore. I'm sick of your excuses, and VM's constant moving of the goal posts.

You've confirmed I was lied to.

This has come about by Virgin Media's illegal retention of my personal information, plus the continued intransigence of VM to do right by the customer.

If you're really unable to actually do anything then the term chocolate teapot comes to mind.

I wouldn't normally use such language, but then this is in abnormal situation. For me, anyway.

Obviously, for VM this seems to be VERY NORMAL!

Either escalate this to management, or I WILL make this official. "

garyd007
On our wavelength

Regulars on this board will not be surprised to learn that I am still awaiting an outcome.

However, Jodi from VM has very recently provided assistance, and has promised to monitor this ongoing.

We shall see.

I mean, just 'cos it's over a month since the issue was reported...🙄

Could you please also assist me with this please 

Hi amarsh,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're unable to register for an online account at your new address as your email address is registered to your previous address.

Can we ask what message you are getting when trying to register? Do you get any error codes?

Have you tried registering using a different web browser and device? Also, clearing all cookies/caches and history may help.

Please can you try the above first and come back to us.

We can then assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi.