cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More leaving woes

JimP1
Joining in

I've been trying to leave Virgin but have ended up going round in circles. I've written to the address 

Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG but the letter was returned as "No longer at this address". Tried through the website and just ended up going round in circles and getting nowhere and thoroughly confused. I'm on a PAYG mobile and can't spend too much time on it.

I'm beginning to think that the only way to get their attention is to cancel the Direct Debit.

18 REPLIES 18

Regarding cancelling your direct debit.

If you go into your account in MyVirginMedia it will not allow you to cancel your DD if you pay by DD and you have a bill due for payment.

It looks to me that one has a window of about a week to inform VM that you are cancelling the DD. That week is after the latest bill has been paid but before VM raises its next invoice. You notify VM in your MyVirgin Media account. This I believe is the correct process and would avoid getting a "penalty" for not notifying them. You  may be subject to one if you just went and cancelled the DD with your bank without informing VM. 

T&Cs. Section I. Clause 4. If any cheque or Direct Debit of yours is cancelled or is not cleared by your bank or building society, we are entitled to charge you a default fee and the provisions of paragraphs I.3 and I.5.3 will also apply.

I don't work for VM. I'm merely in a similar situation to the opening poster. This is my interpretation so I suggest you check out what I've said and see whether you agree.

Thank you for the information.

Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We have now updated our website to reflect the correct address, which is:

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

All of our contact information can be found here: https://virg.in/VMcontact

Kind regards,

Michael_JK
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

The T&Cs document I received yesterday still has the Nottingham address.

Thanks for the information.

Thank you.

@Michael_JK wrote:

Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We have now updated our website to reflect the correct address, which is:

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

All of our contact information can be found here: https://virg.in/VMcontact

Kind regards,

Does it take a while for the changes to kick in?

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

Hi carl_pearce,

Thanks for letting us know.

We've flagged this now to the relevant team and will look to get this information updated ASAP.

Thanks again

Beth

@Beth_G wrote:

Hi carl_pearce,

Thanks for letting us know.

We've flagged this now to the relevant team and will look to get this information updated ASAP.

Thanks again

Looks to be updated now, thanks.

I wonder how much post has been 'lost' since moving premises?!