Menu
catlady1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

More expensive to downgrade?

So when I went to sign up for broadband with VM a year ago, they recommended I get the player bundle for £33 a month, rather than getting just broadband because it was cheaper at the time. I told them I wouldn't be using the landline or the TiVo, and was told I could just cancel it when the 12 month contract was over. 

Now the 12 month contract is over and I've gone up to £48 a month, and when I spoke to customer services about downgrading, cancelling TV and landline, they said it would be £50 a month?! How does that make sense??

Anyone else been in similar situations with VM?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: More expensive to downgrade?

Hi catlady1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us.

When you take a bundle that has 2 services then you get a bundle discount. When you take 3 services, you get an even bigger discount. When removing a service you do lose the discount so that's why on occasions, depending on which package you opt for it actually costs more. 

I wouldn't have thought cancelling 2 services would put it up though so speak to the team again. Ask for the lower speed or even have a look online and take the offer price away to see what speeds you can get in your budget. 

Let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
catlady1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I will call them up when I'm back in the UK next week. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi catlady1

I hope you had a lovely time away Smiley Very Happy

I can see you've not yet been in touch with the  teams to look into this so if you do get a chance give them a shout on the 150 or 0345 454 1111 numbers to check in with them about this.

Keep us posted if you need anything else.

Take care.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos