cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly bill cannot be itemised so to have to leave?

Sam1dumplings
Tuning in

Simple post. I work from home and my employer has offered to reimburse my monthly broadband and line rental but NOT my TV (obviously). I’m guessing this would be approx £500-600 per annum coming back to me from my employer. 
My Virgin monthly bill is £70 and wait for it … I cannot be given the itemised cost of broadband and line rental. I spent 2 hrs on calls to helpline and then retention team. Twice disconnected via 150 call and 3rd call handler didn’t understand my question. Now faced with termination to move elsewhere just to get an itemised bill. Read that last sentence again. Nineteen years a Virgin  customer. Anyone have a last ditch solution?

11 REPLIES 11

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Come to an accommodation as to the proportionate amount of your bill which is agreeable to both your employer and the Inland Revenue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

crany
Superfast
you could prob get an itemised bill if you took out a business account, but i think the merging line rental and broadband cost into one item/bill was a regulator decision to make it clearer and simpler for the customer

Sensible answer but one I’ve already put to my employer. Rejected because company finance department processing expense claims don’t work on estimates, only factual amounts. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This one occasionally comes up, but the answer is always the same.

VM don't itemise the costs of individual services within a bundle - they never have. You buy a bundle of services, and VM apply various multi-buy discounts to that bundle to get you an end price.

The closest you'll get is to see the price of your broadband tier as a standalone service - that'll be verifiable on VM's website, but it won't tally with your bill.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hey @Sam1dumplings,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I'm really sorry about this but we have you have been advised by the community members and the team, when you spoke to them on the phone is correct. We cannot offer itemised billing with individual parts of your package for the reasons that @japitts said in the previous post. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Jappits and Steven… that’s confirmed once and for all and I understand the reasoning behind it. Shame it took lengthy phone calls to discover this. Shows the merits of this forum. 
final question… does virgin media sell standalone deals such as TV alone?

Happy to speak to retentions but thought I’d try here. 

Since VM have confirmed that they cannot provide you with a breakdown and your company refuses to take an estimate, why not go on the main site and see what the cost is for your broadband bundle + line rental would be if you bought that without the TV. Then give that to your business.

You'll probably be better off in the end, but that's the closest that they'll get to a confirmed amount. That'll teach them for being unreasonable by not using estimates!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, VM sell TV by itself, although I've a feeling only Maxit tier and then with a TiVo not a V6 or 360.

Thanks for coming back to us @Sam1dumplings and as @japitts advised, we do offer TV only packages but you would need to speak to the team over the phone to look into this as the deals aren't shown on the website.

Please could you call into the team on 150 from a Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line and they will be happy to look into this further for you.

Regards,

Steven_L