cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixit v Mix package - complaint

chloezelli
Joining in

What is the best way to cancel the changes made over the phone today?

Called up to try and reduce my bill. made it very clear that i did not want to reduce the tv channels i am on (Mix). 

I was advised they could reduce my bill by £10 a month, but that my TV list would not change. I accepted, but looking at the paperwork that came through this afternoon the TV list is now mixit instead of Mix. 

i am not happy and am tempted to cancel the entire thing. I have been out of contract for multiple years and a virgin customer for over a decade. 

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you do decide to cancel, bear in mind you've got 14 days cooling off rights for the new contract (after which you're locked in for 18 months), and that exercising those cooling off rights is against the new arrangement only.  So if you contact VM and say you're cancelling within 14 days that only reverts you back to the previous arrangement - same price, same content, same rolling 30 day notice contract, and if you wanted to take your business to eg Sky or BT in response to their new customer offers, you'd still have to contact VM and give 30 days notice against that prior contract.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @chloezelli,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am so sorry to hear there's been an issue with your package. I'm afraid we're unable to assist with package changes via the Forums so if you do give our team a call on 0345 454 1111, they'll be able to help further. 

As Andrew has advised, you have a 14 day cooling off period and can request to revert back to your previous arrangement. 

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs