cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missold broadband package by Virgin Media sales agent

unhappycamper11
Tuning in

I am a new customer to Virgin Media Broadband, having just moved into a property that had a VM line installed.

After browsing offers online, I was contacted directly by Zico, a Virgin Media sales agent. He offered what I thought was a good deal, matching the price I had found online but also offering to contact my existing provider (EE) to end my contract and to pay any early exit fees. The contract I was sent did not include this offer in the terms, so I sent Zico a text message (he provided his mobile number) asking him to confirm this was included - he confirmed in writing via text message that this would be the case, and that the contract email was a 'generic email', and that 'its something we do for you as agents'.

My Virgin Media service started on Tuesday 22nd June. I received a bill from EE on Wednesday 23rd June for another months' service.

I have called Virgin Media numerous times to query this, and keep getting passed around departments (Sales, Billing, Cancellations, Customer Relations), and have had numerous promises to be called back, but none have materialised. I have also been informed by Customer Relations that the sales team are not able to cancel my service with an existing provider due to data protection.

Can someone from Virgin Media please sort this out for me? Surely this is a case of mis-selling, not least because I have proof in writing from one of your sales agents, but it is not being honoured, and it also seems what they have promised Virgin Media are technically unable to fulfil.

This is incredibly frustrating, particularly as a new customer to Virgin Media. Surely the Consumer Rights Act means that Virgin Media need to honour what was promised at the point of sale?

25 REPLIES 25

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@unhappycamper11  Surely the Consumer Rights Act means that Virgin Media need to honour what was promised at the point of sale?

Of course they do. There's no exemptions from statute law for things like this, no matter how much VM's senior managers might like that..   

Hopefully the forum staff can pick this up and get it sorted, and I'll flag this for their attention.   That would be the cheapest and quickest resolution for both parties, and the best way of trying to recover some goodwill in a bad situation.  Usually they will, but if they can't get it sorted there are routes for very effective escalation if there are problems.  But let's worry about those escalation routes only  if needed.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi unhappycamper11

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am very sorry to hear of this allegation. We're not able to contact your provider and cancel any accounts with them. If you're porting or ported your telephone number from them to us, that can be done, however that does not necessarily cancel the account as you may have other services. 

I am more than happy to PM you to get the details to feed this back however and have this dealt with.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for your help so far John, although I’ve still not heard anything from the Team Manager who has taken ownership of this. 

Hi @unhappycamper11

Thanks for keeping us updated, I'm really sorry to hear that you have not received a response from the Team Manager who is handling this yet.

Were you given a time frame of when to expect to hear back from them?

Best wishes,

Serena

Yes, I received a voicemail from a member of the team on Monday morning saying I would receive a call later that day. 

Thanks for letting me know @unhappycamper11, I'm sorry you have not receive a call back yet.

I have taken a look at your account and can see that your complaint was escalated to the Team Manager on 28th June, please bear with us and I'm sure you will hear back very soon.

Apologies for the delay,

Serena

Hi @unhappycamper11

Thanks for the message however we will need to return to the public thread.

This is with a Team Manager who will be in touch asap.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I’m still waiting - no one has tried to contact me.

Hi unhappycamper11,

Thank you for getting back to us. I've checked your account, and I can see that your case is being actively worked by our team. We will be in touch as soon as we have an update on this for you, thank you for your patience with this matter.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team