cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing payment

jubilee1
Joining in

Does anyone have a direct number for missing payments please?

I've spent a total of 5 hours trying to sort out a missing payment issue.  Every time I ring, I am promised a transfer through but have been cut off 3 times.  Last time I was promised a manager call back the same day - this didn't happen.

I've emailed the missing payments team, who apparently get in touch within 2 working...except they don't as I'm now on day 4 with nothing back from them.

Today I've had a text to say my services are being disconnected, despite the fact that I was assured this action was on hold...not to mention the fact that I'm actually over £100 in credit (or would be if the £140+ I've paid but Virgin media are saying they don't have was applied to my account)

Who is the regulatory body for internet services - does anyone know?  I might have to make a complaint that way and then dispute the payment I made via my cc company.

Grateful for any advice

6 REPLIES 6

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jubilee1,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that a payment you have made is missing from your account. Unfortunately, there is no direct number for the team who handles this sort of query. I've taken a look on our end and can see that you've spoken with one of the teams, since your post, in regards to this and have had this issue resolved.

Please let us know if you need anything else, or have any other queries.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks for the response.

I'm not sure if it is resolved to be honest, not fully just yet anyway.  I spoke to a nice gentleman who managed to trace the payment, which had unhelpfully been applied to someone else's account....so we're getting somewhere but it isn't as easy as just taking payment from this other account then re-applying the payment to mine.

I've had an assurance that my internet won't be suspended, so that's something.  Only took around 6.5 hours, 5 or 6 phone calls, WhatsApp messages and texts to get to this point!

Thanks for coming back to us.

It's in the process of being though isn't it as you've spoke to Collections regarding the missing payment and they're helping sort it 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

The incompetence continues with these jokers...

After discovering that a payment of £140+ had been applied to someone else's account, I was issued a refund so thought I was getting somewhere.  I then rang to find out how much I owe, given that the due amount after this £140+ bill was actually a credit of £139+

I was told the amount owed was £45.66.  I wasn't quite sure how this amount had been arrived at given that my new monthly payment is £20 but, for the sake of a few ££, I decided to live with that (assumed I was paying for 2 months of internet)

Payment of £45.66 authorised and advised balance was nil.  Imagine my shock when I've logged into my credit card account today and discovered that Virgin media have decided to help themselves to the original £140+.  I did not authorise this payment, only the £45.66, which has also been taken, and have had to report as a fraudulent transaction (given that's exactly what it is)

Any idea who I can complain to?  And whether it's possible to requests transcripts of calls, as this will corroborate the above

Owed from your last bill: £140.45
+

Package changes
CR £134.79
+
Your package
£20.00
+
Usage charges
£0.00
+
Other charges & credits
£0.00

Your latest Virgin Media bill is now ready and waiting for you online.

A payment of £25.66 is required on or before 12th July 2022.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jubilee1, 

Thank you for reaching back out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear what has been happening with your billing/payments, I appreciate this must be frustrating and I will do all I can to help get this resolved. 

I will just need to confirm a few details via private message so I will pop this over to the purple envelope on the top right of this page now. 

Speak soon, 

Nat