cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Volt benefit

stevem999
Up to speed

Hi there, can anyone assist with a missing VM broadband speed upgrade as part of Volt please? I am an existing VM customer of many years and recently joined O2 on a pay monthly tariff.

I have received an email from O2 saying my Volt benefits are now active and indeed my phone data has been doubled. However there is no evidence of the speed increase on my VM from 200MB to 350 as expected. My account is still very clearly stating I have the 200 only. I have seen a few comments on here about logging into O2 and details should be in there, but if I click the Volt section in my O2 account, it tells me that my Volt benefits are already active (well partially yes) or that my address doesn't benefit from VM coverage (addresses are the same, I'm a long term VM customer and clearly somewhere the accounts have been matched up to give me the O2 double data benefit so I call BS on that one).

So how do I go about getting my VM speed upgrade please?

3 REPLIES 3

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @stevem999, can you please advise me when you made both Virgin Media and O2 aware of the accounts to have them synced to receive benefits from both companies?

Whilst O2 can add the benefits with immediate effect, it can take us here at Virgin Media up to 14 day to process and be added to your account

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for the message.

There is no specific process required to notify O2 and VM about it according to the Volt areas of the relevant websites, so I'm unsure what you mean by when I made both companies aware?

I signed up for an O2 package and within 7 days or so of being connected, and ensuring my name and address matched my existing VM account (as per the advice on the Volt pages), my O2 benefits have been applied. I cannot find anywhere specifically on the VM site to alert them to the fact that I am a customer of both - can you provide a link to where this should be done please?

• It was less than 2 weeks ago when the O2 package commenced so maybe it is that, except the email says my Volt benefits are available, not just my O2 Volt benefits.

Thanks for coming back to me @stevem999,

If you can call our team on 0345 454 1111, we will then be able to ensure your Virgin Media and O2 account are synced together to ensure the Volt benefits are added to the Virgin Media account.

Alternatively, we may be able to advise when they're due to be added

Kindest regards,

David_Bn