cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed payment reported to credit agency despite direct debit

dheerajricha
Joining in

My first virgin media broadband bill was due to be paid through direct debit on 7th February and was successfully deducted from my account and virgin media account shows paid. But, my account was reported to be in arrears on 6th August despite the bill was due on 7th February. I have a perfect cerdit history in last 5 years and now this has adversely impacted my cerdit score.

Please help to get this corrected.

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I'm sure forum staff can advise on getting this fixed, and a suitable goodwill gesture.  In the meantime, register a complaint with the ICO that VM have been processing your data inaccurately - this has happened a number of times due to the cack-handed implementation of billing system changes.  

VM's track record on goodwill gestures is laughable, so you may wish to raise a complaint with VM seeking redress (compensation) for this very serious failing.  If VM put a black mark on my perfect credit history, then I'd be seeking about £150 compensation over and above them completely cleaning up my credit history.  Chances are you'll need to escalate the compensation matter to Ombudsman Services, the industry complaints adjudicator. 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dheerajricha, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear there has been some discrepancies with your credit file. 

Just to check, usually you will get a bill every month so if your bill was generated in August, it would have been needed to be paid then too. I am hoping you've just made an error with the date of the bill. 

Either way, the quickest way to get this looked at is to raise a dispute directly with the credit referencing agency. They will send the information to us and we will take a look at this, correct anything that needs correcting and we then send the updates directly back. 

If you would prefer to raise this directly with us, then in order for us to investigate this and look at things, we would need a bit more information from you. Please send a copy of your credit file to us along with as much information as possible regarding the VM account and the information you believe is wrong and we can look at the entry for you. 

Please note the overall turnaround for a credit file resolution can take up to 28 days from the day we receive a copy of your file.  We are unable to expedite this I'm afraid. You can send this via the following: 

➡ Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk 

➡ In Writing: Consumer Underwriting Services, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, B26 3RZ 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs