cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed Payment - Credit Report Ruined

Rems
Tuning in

I recently bought a new SIM card and for some reason not explained to me the direct debit for the first month wasn’t taken and now my credit report has a “missed payment” (since paid) and my perfect credit score is now ruined due to Virgin adding this to my credit file.

I’m trying to buy a house but can’t get a decent mortgage offer approved until this is cleared but when I asked Virgin to urgently fix this they fobbed me off by telling me to email the credit team who told me via automated email that they will get back to me in 21 days!!!  This is causing me a great deal of stress and 3 weeks just for a reply is completely unacceptable.

My family has 3 Virgin Mobile accounts, Virgin Broadband and 2 Virgin Active gym memberships but will be cancelling the lot if my credit is wrecked by their error on a minor amount of £7!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rems, thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community.

We're really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and the impact it has had on your credit score. We'll do our best to help you with this.

When did you speak to the team about this matter? Also, was an e-mail sent to the Credit File Amendments team on the back of that conversation?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the response.

I spoke to the team on Tuesday the 11th of April.  I sent an email to the creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk address the same day and got an automatic response saying they will get back to me within 21 days.  

I’m currently trying to arrange a mortgage for my house move and this missed payment is causing me major issues and large amounts of stress and anxiety so really need a response sooner than 21 days.

I can’t understand why a minor admin issue in your payments team over has led to such a big problem for me.  There was money in my bank account so why was the direct debit not taken?

Why is it not possible to call your Credit File Amendments team?

Hi @Rems, no problem at all.

We're really sorry to hear about the impact this is having on you 😔

I have e-mailed the Credit File Amendments team to explain the urgency of your case and requested that they contact you as soon as possible. 

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for contacting them on my behalf, they got back to me today and have agreed to fix the issue! 🙂

Rems

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Rems, thanks so much for updating the thread and for letting us know it's been resolved for you now!

Great news, we're sure the credit amendments team will get this sorted out soon and you won't need to chase things up further.

Please, do give us a shout when you know it's happened too.
Glad to help with anything else you may need, cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs