cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed DirectDebit, then paid same day via Online payment - today get a email saying missed payment?

AntRWells
On our wavelength

I've just joined Virgin, and I was due my first bill on 1st of November, 159.00 is the amount. I missed the DD payment as my money was in savings by mistake, to rectify this, the same day I made a payment for the full amount, 159, via their online payment system.

On my bill page, it shows 2 159 Payments in CR. I.e as if both went through, but there is also a adjustment for the missed DD.

So I missed it, then paid the same day, but this morning they sent me a email saying I still owe the full amount of 159. Yet it shows up as paid, and yet also says I owe the amount. It has the online payment there too, so it did go through. Says so on my bank app too.

So I'm quite confused atm. Any idea what this means?

2 REPLIES 2

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Once the DD bill has been generated the system expects a direct debit to be paid, paying monies to Virgin will not stop this, you could phone up and try to sort it out or pay by DD and be in credit for a couple of months 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AntRWells,

Welcome to Virgin Media and the Community Forums! Thanks for your first post 🙂

Sorry to hear of the confusion caused by the direct debit payments and billing. I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take a look at this for you and confirm the status of the account.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope 

Thanks

Beth

Beth